No announcement yet.

Polycarbonate Lens fractures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a picture, let me know what you guys think might be the problem.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ar crazing.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	868270

Comment

Originally posted by kmarshall View Post
      That has been my experience. Often times we get drill mounts that start spider-webbing around the drill holes due to exposed material getting hit with some sort of chemical.
      I don't use poly for drill mounts, but if I did, I would use Chris Ryser's company (OMS) product:

Drill seal!

I have used it with great results (used it yesterday actually).

Comment

Back to the OP...larger, thinner lenses flex in the machine and cause that to happen. "Spider-webbing" is completely unrelated. Slow down the feed or use the slower settings in the machine and keep the blades sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeimler View Post
          Back to the OP...larger, thinner lenses flex in the machine and cause that to happen. "Spider-webbing" is completely unrelated. Slow down the feed or use the slower settings in the machine and keep the blades sharp.
          Thank you, so is the picture I posted a problem with the AR or the poly?

Comment

Talked with national optronics, going to give some new settings a try. I guess it is the AR

Comment

I have been seeing more cracking in poly in the past two years than the previous 20.
              I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
                I have been seeing more cracking in poly in the past two years than the previous 20.
                +1!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
                  I don't use poly for drill mounts, but if I did, I would use Chris Ryser's company (OMS) product:

Drill seal!

I have used it with great results (used it yesterday actually).
                  I don't like using poly either. Unfortunately, since we work on the lab side we get persistent optical accounts that swear by them. Despite, my avid pleading. lol. Oh well, what can you do. I may look into that drill seal though, that sounds interesting.
                  -"Is this a matter of life or death?"
                  ---"No. this is a seg height."--
                  Seth, and Dalene

"In matters of style, swim with the current;
                  In matters of principle, stand like a rock."--
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The poly material "bends" under the pressure, whereas the A/R doesn't bend. It's like a tinted window.
                    If broken, the window (the A/R) cracks but the tint (the lens) can flex and still remain whole.

Comment

Working...
                    X