Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The truth about {bbusername}!

The truth about Steve Machol!

[Note: Now that April 1st has passed, you might want to take a look at this page before you take the following post too seriously. OptiBoard Calendar ;)
    Ok, some people still haven't gotten it yet. Therefore let me just say - this is an April Fool's joke. Everyone who reads this post will see their own name in it. This really isn't directed at you {bbusername}! :D ]

I'm sorry, but I can no longer avoid talking about {bbusername}. In the rest of this letter, I will use history and science (in the Hegelian sense) to prove that all of {bbusername}'s propositions contain self-deceiving elements. This person's treatises are like an enormous despotism-spewing machine. We must begin dismantling that structure. We must put a monkey wrench in its gears. And we must weed out people like {bbusername} who have deceived, betrayed, and exploited us, because {bbusername}'s shell games are built on lies, and they depend on make-believe for their continuation.

There are no two ways about it; {bbusername}'s philippics represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. It would be bad enough if this person's hirelings were merely trying to fan the flames of faddism into a planet-spanning inferno. But their attempts to prosecute, sentence, and label people as bad-tempered bigamists without the benefit of any evidence whatsoever are just plain piteous. Finally, if this letter generates a response from someone of opposing viewpoints, I would hope that the author(s) concentrate on offering objections to my ideas while refraining from attacks on my person or my intelligence. I've gotten enough of that already from {bbusername}.

Bad address email on file Di822's Avatar

Idea

Am I in the TWILIGHT ZONE or what? I see where there have been 26 hits on this post. I have absolutely no idea what this person is talking about. Can someone please clue me in! Di822

Bad address email on file Mikol's Avatar

Question the truth about mikol?

As I read I wonder what truth there is about me and my posts on the board that are in question..........Happy Easter to all .

Mikol

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Wave Peregrin

Was {bbusername} really THAT good last night, you old muckka....
    Have a nice day and i'll see you in court..

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Gee John R.... I was kinda hoping he/she was talking about me!! Can't understand a bit of it, but still, I'll take all the fanny-patting I can get.

John R, with an "S"
    J. R. Smith

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    WOW! I'm impressed!

Roy R. Ferguson

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Apparently Mr. Took flipped the Peregrine to you!

Frankly, I think he is on the right track.I wished he hadn't used the word Philippic because it is arcane, and not quite strong enough.He does, in very clear terms, beg the question of hierlings.I wonder who they are, and what part they have played in this well deserved character assasination.

Rather sloppy work Mr Took, but acceptable.

harry j
    Last edited by hcjilson; 04-01-2002 at 08:18 AM.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    And we must weed out people like Pete Hanlin who have deceived, betrayed, and exploited us, because Pete Hanlin's shell games are built on lies, and they depend on make-believe for their continuation.
    Ah, you have finally exposed me for what I am, Pippen... However, considering that you are currently held captive, perhaps you would do well to soften your tone- lest I simply decide to cease reading and leave you at the mercy of the Sauron's Orcs forever!

(BTW, Harry, my favorite line was: "It would be bad enough if this person's hirelings were merely trying to fan the flames of faddism into a planet-spanning inferno." I always pictured myself as more of an oligarchist!

What really kills me is that this gushing of vitrolic despair emanates from a fellow Hobbit!

Sincerely,
    Pytor Brandymere the Elf-friend :p

PS- Don't think I don't have a pretty good feel for who you are Mr. Took! ;)
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

OptiBoard Apprentice

Confused the truth about haya???????

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!
    Why take my name in vain you guys???

Me is deadly confused...

haya

Bad address email on file kjw1231's Avatar
    Occupation

Stick out tongue HUH?

Peregrin,

I assume that you are speaking about my thoughts into Opticianary not being able shrug off the retail "tag" that it has been given. The market has dictated that it so.

I started in the business 17 years ago, when it was a medical profession. Try to ask a "newbie" to fit and calculate a Vertex Distance for a Lenticular. Today, it is pure retail. Ask why Transitions, J&J, Marchon market directly to the consumer. Simple, name brand recognition. Look at the other medical industries and it has changed also. I have allergies and asked for Allegra. Why? Because it is marketed. It is not the fault of the dispenser, but rather the corporate image of the profession that is so abundant today. Reversing the trend will not happen.

Or was it something else I said?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Dear Peregrin Took,

Who are you and what did I do to you? If I had the PALANTIR of Orthanc maybe I could gaze into its depths and figure out what I did to cause this character assasination. If the only posting to a discussion group I have made since becoming a member of Optiboard gets this amount of venom, I would hate to see what would happen if I really attacked your person.

Thank You;
    Mark Brezvai

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile Peregrin Took

Mom, is that you again........OK, I'm sorry I missed your birthday...I'll send a check!:bbg:

Terps 90 - Hoosiers 80...............Bank on it!

Fear the Turtle!

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Is this an April Fool's Joke??????

If so HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

if not, huh???????????
    Last edited by Cindy Hamlin; 04-01-2002 at 11:50 AM.
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm impressed tooooo.

It took about 2 minutes for my temperature to head back down to normal, and to realize that this was a pretty nifty April 1st posting, but honestly, wouldn't the effect been just as impressive without the negativity?

(Bear with me now, I have just returned from having an MRI of the brain performed this morning, and am waiting to learn if I have some awful disorder that will necessitate a lengthy and expensive treatment process, and.... by the way, my dictionary needs updating: two words that I can only guess at the meanings!!! Help, Harry j !
    jP
    :hammer:

Occupation
    Not a nice one :bbg: :bbg: :bbg: i linked through my affilate page so the title for this thread is optispares (naughty)
    :bbg:
    Last edited by optispares; 04-01-2002 at 01:44 PM.
    http://www.optispares.btinternet.co.uk

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry Re: Is this an April Fool's Joke??????

cah2020 said:
    If so HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

if not, huh???????????
    cah2020,

Unfortunately, this is not a joke. Someone has been sending us these reported posts for the last month.

To the best of my knowledge, {bbusername} hasn't done anything on OptiBoard to warrant these attacks.

Is there anything we can do to block or ban this or these users Steve?

Ha! What makes you think Steve can block me? I'm smarter than him and will find away around any obstacle he puts up.

Clearly the truth is starting to come out now that I've exposed that peevish mattoid {bbusername}! Cry all you want, but truth is truth - even in a Hegelian sense!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

April Fools Joke?

Happy April 1 to you all!

While my better instincts counsel me to follow a policy of laissez-faire, there are a couple of {bbusername}'s statements I feel I cannot let pass. For openers, the biggest difference between me and {bbusername} is that {bbusername} wants to lash out at everyone and everything in sight. I, on the other hand, want to clarify and correct some of the inaccuracies present in this person's demands. {bbusername} likes activities that undermine liberty in the name of liberty. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that if you read this person's writings while mentally out of focus, you may get the sense that the kids on the playground are happy to surrender to the school bully. But if you read {bbusername}'s writings while mentally in focus and weigh each point carefully, it's clear that we can divide the slogans into three categories: snotty, self-indulgent, and sex-crazed. {bbusername}'s statements such as "The federal government should take more and more of our hard-earned money and more and more of our hard-won rights" indicate that we're not all looking at the same set of facts. Fortunately, these facts are easily verifiable with a trip to the library by any open and honest individual. {bbusername} speaks like a true defender of the status quo -- a status quo, we should not forget, that enables this evil scribe to create an atmosphere of mistrust, in which speculations and rumors gain the appearance of viability and compete openly with more carefully considered theories. Okay, I've written enough for one letter, so let me just finish by saying that most acts of escapism are committed not by hypersensitive publishers of hate literature, but by {bbusername}'s apple-polishers in an attempt to create a regime of resentful separatism.

OptiBoard Apprentice

Confused

This is a disclaimer!!
    I am not the BUD in referrance by Perigrin Took.
    Bud

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

{bbusername}

Just who is this Peregrin took..Who is taking the micky out of {bbusername} I find this most distasteful and will do my utmost to block you with Steves help....
    Please bear with us {bbusername}
    we will beat this hacker before he causes anymore problems for our dedicated users...

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Re: cah2020

{bbusername} said:
    Just who is this Peregrin took..Who is taking the micky out of {bbusername} I find this most distasteful and will do my utmost to block you with Steves help....
    Please bear with us {bbusername}
    we will beat this hacker before he causes anymore problems for our dedicated users...

I am amazed that 253 people are interested in knowing the truth about me! Guess I have made an impact on the board!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    :bbg: :bbg:
    :cheers:
    http://www.optispares.btinternet.co.uk

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I'm OK John.....Is it REALLY....

I'm OK {bbusername}....(or at least I think I am!) Is it REALLY you????????????????Or have you been infected as well..........Remember the body snatchers?
    hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Peregrin Took said:
    snotty, self-indulgent, and sex-crazed

And you point is?????????????????????
    :bbg:

Thread Information