Any cycling fans out there? I'm betting against it since we seem to be somewhat of a rare breed in the US, but anyway...

The Tour de GA is coming through my backyard again this year. I'm very excited. I followed it last year, when it drew about 250,000 spectators but this year with the likes of Lance Armstrong, Bobby Julich, and Mario Cipollini could draw upwards of 1 million.

This will be the first time I've gotten to see Lance race since I used to follow the Tours du Pont up and down the east coast (pre-cancer and TdF victory days)

My mother-in-law (cancer survivor) and wife are doing the Relay for Life in Dahlonega the day the 5th stage of the tour finishes in Dahlonega. Rumor is that LA is going to walk the first lap with the cancer survivors, which is very exciting since my cycling addiction has rubbed of on my in-laws and they've been following LA in the TdF for several years now.

I plan on camping out on top of Brasstown Bald (the highest point in GA) for the stage 6 finish. The climb is supposed to rival some of the big climbs in the Tour de France. I'm going to scout it out tomorrow.

-KB