A woman came in to my shop for the first time today, asking (begging) for my help. She said she has asked many opticians in town for their help only to be told there was nothing they could do for her.

Here's the situation...this woman has had many eye surgeries and consequently, her eyelids do not close completely. She is constantly putting drops in her eyes for lubrication. She is also very sensitive to light (and wind when she ventures outdoors). In the past she has worn B & L Killer Loop and Briko sunglasses. Both of these sunglasses are HUGE, wrap around shields (with temples...not straps) with foam on the inside of the frame. She has enjoyed these very much as they have completely protected her sensitive eyes from wind and light. She is now searching for something similar (as her two sunspecs are very old and both have broken pieces on them). Here I must confess that I am out of the whole "sport sunglass" loop...I say sport sunglass because these specs seem to be for skiiing etc. Anyway, I am really not up on manufacturers of this type of eyewear but, would, of course, like to help this nice lady out.

My ULTIMATE goal is to find a sunglass, as described above, whose sunlens (shield) can be changed for the customers needs....It would also be great if the foam insert could easily be replaced as the customer is constantly putting drops into her eyes and this is causing the foam in her eyeglasses to disintegrate. Even if this ULTIMATE goal could not be reached, it would be nice just to be able to replace her Killer Loop and Briko sunglasses (both no longer made) with something comparable.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
hip chic