Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
So to ask further about the employee issues at Hoya - is this a systemic, company wide problem? Or extremely localized to particular labs or individuals? Anyone with experience at the Seattle lab in particular? Good/Bad?
I'm calling it company wide because the problems get worse the higher you go. I loved our reps. Then, most of the customer service people we dealt with were great, with one or two exceptions. Then, one lab manager was a complete sleazebag, but most of the rest were good to OK. It's once you get to the lab managers and higher that the problems really start to set in. Like I said in my longer-ish post, the higher-ups have a tendency to throw people like the customer service folks and reps under the bus and try to shift blame for problems onto them, even when it's stuff they have no control over (why am I supposed to be mad at my REP when the LAB is sending me scratched lenses? What does the person answering the phone in Dallas have to do with asymmetrical PAL markings?). The issue is that the people who're in charge of making the REAL decisions in the company have no morals, no scruples, and no integrity.

Basically, if everything is going fine, and all you ever have to deal with are your rep(s) and customer service, you should be OK. If/when an issue arises that's beyond either of those positions, watch your back.