I try to dabble in the latest technologies when I can as my boss gives me great leeway to do so. We started fitting the new W2/3+ and tried a few S designs along the way. Lens performance aside, we've run into a weird issue lately with the S and the W3. I have a few patients who are either trying to just change script in one lens, or use the crizal warranty for one lens, but I'm being told that these lenses need to be ordered in pairs due to the "binocular booster" tech. I am almost POSITIVE I've ordered S design lenses singly in the past. I've never worked in surfacing, but I am pretty sure the lenses aren't being made simultaneously and I cannot figure out why they can't just make one lens as long as they have the other eye RX for reference. Quite understandably, my patient is rather angry at the fact that they have to change a perfectly good lens (and pay for it) when they only need one changed from cataract surgery. It's also unfair to tell this person to just wait until the other eye is done in 3+ months and make do until they can switch both lenses. Has anyone else run into this?