Hello, new to the forum. Just serviced a cx today. In the past he has used Nikon BUT also find out that he has also had this problem in the past with progressives. Here is the issue:

WHen he needs to look at the intermediate area of the lens, he has ever so slightly turn his head to catch the intermediate reading area. He's not natural in looking in all the fields of vision except if he's doing something specific ie looking in the distance or just reading. I have used a pupliometer, marked the pupils with a marker, measured heights from the centre of the pupil> but i'm always 98%, never 100%.

When he closes his left eye to only look with his right, here is what he sees: Blurred vision at intermediate & ever so slightly blurred with reading. Distance is OK. When he closes his right eye, the left fields of vision are good. When he needs to use both, not clear at all. He is always in need to use intermediate & reading constantly but it shouldn't be a guessing game to move slightly here or there to catch the fields of vision.

I also wore his glasses to verify the complaint. When I had did the same actions, I also noticed that the intermediate was blurry on the right, left was good. Using both eyes, everything is blurred even if I come close to the computer screen ( we were testing an intermediate length).

I adjusted the glasses before I did any measurements, move the lens up and down, stretched the glasses outwards, adjusted nose pads>> made no difference.

So my question is what have I done wrong OR what needs to be adjusted to correct this so all fields of vision are comfortable?