Patient does not care for the peripheral distortion.
OD -5.25
OS -5.00

1.67 with premium AR coating. I do not recall exact measurements off hand but a narrow plastic frame and perhaps 1mm of decentration per eye. After numerous visits with other "opticians" and then the obligatory trip to the doctor where the script gets reduced by .25 and the lenses have been remade I finally get involved. "Can you see clearly when you look straight ahead" says I. "Yes, but if I'm not looking straight ahead I just don't like it. I can't use these glasses." The frame was pretty flat so I increased face-form a bit and talked with the patient about distortion, the "sweet spot" and the fact that the most distortion will occur on the edge of the lenses. After the adjustment the reply was, "I can see better, but I just don't think I can handle these".

The only thing I can think of is to put her in cr-39, which will not go over well because this customer does not want thick lenses. I could try 1.60 but I just don't think she will ever be satisfied. She also goes back and forth between contacts and glasses. The contacts were .25 weaker than the spectacle rx.

She does have an old pair of glasses that apparently worked in the past so I told her to bring them in today and I will do a full-blown lens analysis and see what exactly is different.

Any advice?