I think I made a mistake. I purchased a refurbished Santinelli 9000sx from a group that came recommended from someone on this forum. I check references and they were all good. I now have an edger that is less than 5 months old with a broken tracer and the company that I purchased it from will not even return my phone calls or emails. My mistake, now I just need to get this problem resolved and move on. The odd thing about this whole thing is that the edger is refurbished, but the tracer is brand new from Santinelli. When I first recieved the edger the tracer was not working, the company that we purchased it from sent us a new tracer (which was great), I installed it, it worked fine for 5 months and now it is broken. It will trace rimmed frames without a hitch, but any rimless frames it makes a grinding noise and we get an error. The kicker is since I installed the tracer and not Santinelli they will not warranty it. Since the company I purchased it from does not seem to want to help me, I called Santinelli directly. They were helpfull, but they want a ton of cash to send me a refurbed tracer and I give them the one I have. This is what I may have to do, but I was hoping someone on this forum can help me out or know another place where I could get this thing fixed at a more resonable price. Any suggestions would be helpful.