Had a gentleman come in today with a broken pair. Although I have the skills to make the repair we simply don't have the facility to do it so I offered him our basic eyeglass package to see if that was something he'd like to consider. Our basic frames are fairly decent (far better than what he showed me had broken) so he decided on a pair. I asked him if he had a current Rx or would he like to set something up with our OD - he said he got his Rx this previous June at LensCrafters.

Called LC only to be told the exam was done by Gift of Sight and that the exam was for a one time use (their exact words) and was destroyed after that. I asked Mr. Manager if he had a copy of any agreement stating this gentleman understood that - Mr. Manager did not. It's just accepted that an exam done through GoS is for a one time use. So...I asked Mr. Manager how the patient is protected under HIPAA when HIPAA demands protected medical information be maintained for 10 years.

Mr. Manager hung up on me. Surprising.

Just got off the phone with the husband of one of my wife's friends - he's a Michigan assistant Attorney General. Needless to say, tomorrow is shaping up to be as fun or funner than today. Always a good time with the ol' LC is involved.