I corrected my original post by saying that a lot(instead of all) of patients get a headache with a first time progressive. It's common and likely to happen if you've never worn them before. Same goes with a new rx, ft bifocal. Great if the patient doesn't get a headache, but normal if they do.

This patient stated that they have never worn progressive lenses before and is having headaches. They're questioning if the headache is because the Optician put them in a different progressive other than what was written on the rx. I simply meant that a headache is perfectly normal in a first time progressive wearer and doesn't matter what brand of progressive. Does everyone get a headache? No. But it happens a lot. I then recommended the patient go back to where they got them, have them checked and if everything checks out ok, give the glasses a chance, the headache may and probably will subside with use.

Howwever, someone said above, we don't know all the facts in this case and we probably shouldn't say anything at all.