Okay here is one for you. I had a lady in the office for an eye exam. When the Dr. brought her out, he stated that we were only ordering new lenses for her frame. Her new Rx was:

OD: +3.50 -1.25x 090 / +2.50

OS +3.25 -1.00x 180/ +2.50

Progressive, Varilux Panamic with transition Gray lenses.

Lenses came in no problem. everything was all set. Patient tries on spec and states. Things seen off to me, but he said with my eyes it might take some adjusting to them. "I will try them". she said and let you know.I planned to call her in four days to check her status, but she beat me to it.

Three days later she came in still the a problem, only she states she can not find a clear view to focus through. I again remap lenses and recheck everything. I compared her old rx to see what the change was. The only changes were The sphere power increase by +0.25OU, and the add power increased by +0.50OU.

My question to you is what would you do to figure out what is going on with the new pair of lenses? What do you think the problem was?

Keep in mind that the frame, lens material, progressive type, PD, and height measurements were the same as two years prior. The only change was the Rx??