I'm considering getting a full-rim frame that requires the lenses to be groove mounted. The frame is model Modo 1062, which is pictured here:

http://tinyurl.com/9krgz

What lens material would you recommend for groove mounting? The person selling the frame said that polycarbonate lenses are recommended for it. He said that if I go with any other lens material, whether it be 1.67 lenses or standard CR-39, the lens will be prone to chipping. I don't want to get polycarbonate lenses because I read that their optical quality is horrible compared to other lens materials. If I have no choice but to use polycarbonate lenses, maybe I should consider looking for another frame.

I was planning on getting the 1.67 lenses at Costco fo $70. I know that the 1.67 lens is overkill for my prescription, but I have to consider the weight and comfort of my glasses because I wear them pretty much all the time. The 1.67 lenses will probably be much lighter and more comfortable to wear. However, I'm concerned that the 1.67 lenses will be too thin to be grooved.

My prescription:

Right:
sphere: -3.250
cylinder: -0.750
axis: 172

Left:
sphere: -1.500
cylinder: -0.250
axis: 180