I am curious how strong is it possible to make glasses to. Someone in another forum said +50 to -60! I read some glasses stories and they say -60 is about the strongest they can make because your near point would only be 2/3 of an inch or 16.6cm from your eye! Is it also impossible to make glasses thicker than -60? What if someone is worse than -60(if thats even possible) wouldnt his eye be like twice as long as normal? Would he still be able to see a thing if he was -70 and wore -70 glasses(if they can be made this thick)

As for plus glasses, I read that its very rare to be +15 because your eye would be very short, only like 3/4 of normal! How high a hyperope can one be? What else would make one more than +15 besides short eye and flat corneas? Is there a such thing as myodisc but in a + verson? I often see magnifying glasses(not the glasses kind but the lope kind) that have a small disc on the bottom for "close up" zooming.

Finally whats the highest myope/hyperope you know? whats the highest possible in theory? I have heard +25-+30 is the most farsighted any human can ever be and -50-65 is the most myopic one can ever be but ive never seen anyone worse than -20 or so myself

http://www.geocities.com/specs4ever/phenomena.htm

This is a fiction glasses story but I noticed this part:

With -60D glasses, the focal point is 16mm or 0.66 inches from the front of the eye. The lenses of a person’s glasses sit between 11 and 13 mm from the eye, and for any useful vision at all, the natural focal point has to be a bit beyond the front of the lens.

would this mean that -70 glasses cant help much or something? -70 would mean a 14.3MM focal point. Isnt this still more than the 11-13mm the glasses sit from the eye? Anyone know the world record for highest myopia, is it that -70 someone showed me?