Thread: Contact lenses without a prescription

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Contact lenses without a prescription

Hmmm, and I suppose the FTC understands that this is what they are promoting.

http://the-eyeporium.com/contact_len...escription.htm

Eye Glasses and Contacts at Discount contact lens without a prescription

Look-see for the most apposite information on contact lens without a prescription? Well you’ve certainly arrived at the right place because that’s what we’re old pro's at. Of course, being a fresh web site we don’t yet have a big amount of content on the precise search term you were looking for – contact lens without a prescription, but we’re getting there.

Coming up with excellent contact lens without a prescription takes a lot of though and patience. That's where this site comes into the picture. Thinking about it I'm surprised we came up with so much detailed information about contact lens without a prescription for you to click to.

Choosing the leading contact lens without a prescription online, can be a daunting task. That's where we come into the picture. Lots of hard work went into creating this website about contact lens without a prescription to choose the best links for you to hop to.

Being a part of the growth of online sales contact lens without a prescription sellers learn more and more about making good offerings on the Internet Perhaps the major advantage that Internet based contact lens without a prescription websites have over brick and mortar contact lens without a prescription walk-in stores, is at the operating costs or considerably less.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, if you could get narcotics and other prescription only meds you didn't really think we would stay immune. It's a shame though.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I guess you're right:
    http://www.ineed2know.org/contact_lens.htm

You can buy without your prescription, but it’s a bad idea.
    There’s nothing illegal about ordering contacts without your prescription. The company you are buying from should ask for a copy of your prescription, but it may not. It should also check back with your doctor to confirm the prescription and expiration date, but it may not. The contact seller may rely on you to be sure your prescription is correct, so take responsibility.

The sale of contacts is regulated by individual states, not the U.S. government

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jo: I''m not too sure, but I do know that on the package both for soft contacts and all solutions it says: "Federal Law Prohibits Sale Without Precription."

I don't know what Federal Law or who if anyone enforces it, probably the same people that "enforce Eyeglass 1" that "requires all precribers to furnish patient's with a spectacle Rx in thier hand at the time of examination without addittional charge."

Chip

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Do you really want clients, who buy lenses online knowing their prescription is out of date?

I dont think it will be too long before one of these online suppliers is sued, it only takes a nasty case of ancanthamoeba, to occur in someone who has not had a check up for 3 years yet who has been able to buy contact lenses from these companies.
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

Thread Information