Thread: A doctors messy writing

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

A doctors messy writing

So I do this job. I do a pair of Ovations D Alize and a new frame for her dress pair, and I am doing a pair of Super No-Lines and tinting them in her old frame for sunglass lenses. I got the Ovations at the price of Ovation TD2, as Essilor was offering a special that day giving you Alize at the price of TD2, and I passed the savings down to the customer. I order them up and on the day I get the lenses I check them through against the original RX. I am looking at the order and I start questioning the cylinder in the right lens. At first I never questioned it. I must of look at the RX thirty times and never questioned it, but today I did. The -0.25 cylinder started to look like a -0.75. In fact, the number had a loop around the bottom and crossed through the centre point. But the top of the cylinder had a straight bar. So I phoned up the doctor, the girl told me it is a -0.25 then just before I hung up she said that she would check with the doctor. He replied to her that it is -0.75. Now I know I should of called before I ordered the lenses, so I take fault with this, but how hard is it to draw a 7 instead of a 2. I mean I have extremely messy writing, but I know how important somethings are and make sure that you can tell the difference. The thing is we learn how to draw 7's and 2's since what three or fours years of age. Now I will have to re-order the right lenses at the price of Ovation with Alize. I will get them for half price, but still it could of been easily solved.

Last year a similar thing happened. It was a lot worse. I had an RX for +7.75 sphere in one eye. I did a pair of Airwear Panamics with Crizal, and a pair of single visions sunglasses polarized with Crizal. Then he can't see out of that lens. That is because the doctor forgot to draw a line connecting the end of the 7 to the main line and therefore, making it a 4. I still think the doctor did that intentionally to us.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I always call first if there is any doubt at all, saved me a bundle through the years. Have seen powers, colours, everything so messy it couldn't be read.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    My writing may be a wee bit messy in my charts but on Rx pads for drugs or lenses I make sure it is clear and legible. It is a matter of good patient care, bottom line. I don't really think the doc did it intentionally. If a doctor wrote it bad to trip up the lab it would only slow down the job and make the patinet angry which would in turn make the doctor look like a fool not a hero.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    One word: "Electronicmedicalrecords"

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui
    I always call first if there is any doubt at all, saved me a bundle through the years. Have seen powers, colours, everything so messy it couldn't be read.
    I usually do. I don't know why I didn't check before, I guess I had no doubt before, but today I did. This is why we always keep a copy of the original rx and check it through against that and not my lab order or the invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    Now I will have to re-order the right lenses at the price of Ovation with Alize. I will get them for half price, but still it could of been easily solved.

I still think the doctor did that intentionally to us.
    You should find a lab with a better redo policy. And, maybe the doctor did it intetionally but you should have called.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by mrba
    You should find a lab with a better redo policy. And, maybe the doctor did it intetionally but you should have called.
    Ugh, stop doing that!!!!

You mixed up my sentences and now I am like a politician being taken out of context. I, out of my sick mind for conspiracies, believe that the second one, where the doctor could not make a 4 and instead wrote a 7 was done intentionally. There is no way I could of got around that one. The first one I should of called on, I agree with that, and I have said that several times in the thread, but I don't think in any way he did it intentionally. As for redo policy, my lab would give it to me at no cost if I pushed, but I am not going to do that. Here it is standard that it is half off doctor remake.

Thread Information