Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: US planes attack Iraqi wedding party

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Crier US planes attack Iraqi wedding party

Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Amazing...

...how an undocumented story becomes news so quickly. Also was it an airplane or a helicopter? They seem to be confused. And how can you identify bodies as women or children when they are stacked one on top of the other in the back of a truck and wrapped in blankets? Also why did the helicopters show up to investigate the weapons fire in a heavy surveilance area then leave then come back again and kill everyone (either in a helicopter or an airplane)???

There are too many people being interviewed that seem to have a lot of information about the incident that weren't or don't appear to have actually been there. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

The military keeps pretty good tabs on operations especially where death of insurgents or civilians could be envolved so why does the Spokesman for the US military not have any confirmation on this story while so many others (that weren't there and don't have a direct connection to military surveilance and scanning) can positively identify US helicopters (or airplanes maybe?) at 2:45 AM (when it's dark and stuff)? I'm having a hard time with this report.

Darris C.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Seems this has happened before, I don't find the article confusing at all. Especially since we have admitted having done this previously.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/sept11/...7/01/bombs.htm
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I draw your attention to exhibit A...

"In July 2002, Afghan officials said 48 civilians at a wedding party were killed and 117 wounded by a U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan (news - web sites)'s Uruzgan province. An investigative report released by the U.S. Central Command said the airstrike was justified because American planes had come under fire."

This is the last paragraph from your first link.

Also am I right to asume that because something similar happened (with justification mind you) in the past that our military is destined to repeat these mistakes over and over again with reckless abandon? We don't even know if this report is accurate and evidently the second link you posted had not recieved the memo from Central Command before writing it's report 07/02/2002. Before we condemn this let's find out what the story really is and whether US military lives were at stake, that's all I'm saying here.

Those folks sure picked an intresting place to have a wedding and shoot firearms into the air. Surely they knew the US military was patroling the area since they've been there for some time now...unless they weren't from around there? Maybe? It's really fishy to me.

Darris C.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, I believe that our military can make "mistakes" over and over again.

I think that a wedding party with women and children hardly consitutes "insurgent" activity.

You are correct, that I should not "condemn" this situation until the details have been released. I will wait and see whaty the final outcome is.
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

Joseph Roux

Bad address email on file
    Yes people this is called war and *!*# happens.We seem to forget that sometimes.We of all people are best at picking are targets.If it were another country would this have happened?Im sure more than than the United States.Also this media **** really sucks.It was never like this before in other wars.This is what war is.People die!Also for the people who think we shouldnt be there.Almost 4000 people died in those buildings and only about what 6-7 hundred men and women died in the war.They know what there getting into when they sign up for the military.This is there job and thank you god for them.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So it's okay for INNOCENT Women and children to die?

This is a great way to make make friends with the Iraqi's!
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

Joseph Roux

How many women and children died in other wars.Im sure this wasnt done on purpose in any way.I also know its very easy to loose your mind while in war...watching your freinds and fellow americans die next to you.Do you think the beatings we gave the prisinors was wrong too?I think after being shot at and watching people get shot ect around you its very easy to do.The media should plain out not be aloud in war.

By the way.GO BUSH!

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jana Lewis
    So it's okay for INNOCENT Women and children to die?
    No it isn't but until we know this story is true I don't think we should get upset about it. It is fair to say that there have been stories about people being killed that were not true and Arab media is not a source I would consider fair and balanced. People who hide weapons in mosques and schools knowing we will be less likely to target them will play games with words and facts. If in fact this truly happened then the military will comfirm it. If in fact it truly happened then it is a terrible thing.
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

You already believe it to be true...

Jana,

No offense but you already believe that this has taken place and believe that innocent men, women and children have died at the hands of our military out of ruthlessness or ineptitude. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted the link nor defended your position on it and would simply wait for confirmation.

You have believed those interviewed as telling the truth and believe we are at fault. I believe that's exactly what they are trying to accomplish but I don't know that for sure but it sounds fishy and I will leave it at that.

The US military as a whole goes to great pains to keep from killing the innocent I can assure you (and we're the only military that does btw). That doesn't mean it doesn't happen by any stretch but many innocents were killed on 9/11 on US soil too. I don't think our objective in Iraq is to make friends but rather to protect them until they can get things going again and maintain diplomatic relations.

Take care,

Darris C.

The number of Dead at this point is not confirmed, which tells me the story is a bit suspicious to say the least.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They probably needed killin.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    They probably needed killin.
    That's a really nice thought. :finger:
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    More on the story.....

http://msnbc.msn.com/ID/5013551
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Unfortunately it's not a question of intent, or even fact. The point is this is another log on the fire for the growing emnity of the Iraqi populace toward the US. If it does turn out to be true, one does have to question the wisdom of people shooting off guns in celebration IN A WAR ZONE!!! I know this sounds cold and if innocent people were killed, it's always a tragedy. As to "they needed killed", there's really no response to that sort of statement.

The more interesting thing coming from Mess-o-potamia is the arrest of Chalabi, Cheney's favorite Iraqi exile and major source of the WMD intelligence. Gee if they're starting to arrest people for lying, real estate in DC should be going pretty cheap!!!:p :) :p :)

As to "they needed killed", there's really no response to that sort of statement.
    Depends on the situation, which is not beyond imagination at this point.

The helicopters responded to insurgent gun fire, whether or not a celebration is beside the point as you wisely point out.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrba
    Depends on the situation, which is not beyond imagination at this point.

The helicopters responded to insurgent gun fire, whether or not a celebration is beside the point as you wisely point out.
    Insurgent gunfire? Little kids are now considered insurgents?
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Okay...

Jana said: "So it's okay for INNOCENT women and children to die".

Three words for you, Jana...Hitler, Amin, Hussein.

Bob V.

Quote Originally Posted by Jana Lewis
    Little kids are now considered insurgents?
    One more word for Jana...

Japan 1945

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    U.S. Military reports: No children amoung dead. Ground intelligence reported this as a staging place for foriegn insurgents. Fired on U.S. planes,
    Like I said: They needed killin.

Origional report was from Al-gizera, do I trust the U.S. military more than Al-giziera, and more than liberal U.S. politicians, YES!

Stop being such a bunch of bleeding hearts, this a WAR people get hurt and killed. If you are stupid enough to fire guns, you can expect return fire in a WAR!

Chip

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by BobV

Bob V.
    Clearly it's never ok to kill innocent people, sadly, it is sometimes unavoidable. As to Hitler, Amin, Hussein: I really don't see the wisdom of patterning our behavior on these folks, but hey, I'm a liberal!:hammer: :hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by BobV

Bob V.
    I guess we can lump ourselves in that group now. :D
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

Joseph Roux

Occupation

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Good God, people...

Are you actually paying attention to WHAT you're actually SAYING???

"We can lump ourselves", "I really don't see the wisdom of patterning our behavior". Christ, get a life. Get your facts straight. Let's see...guns drawn, shots fired, dead people. Are you really sure the military did this?

Now, since the libs want to equate this war with Viet Nam, let's do it this way...

1) Viet Nam-booby traps in public areas
    Iraq-homemade bombs in public areas

2) Viet Nam-South Vietnamese and Viet Cong look the same.
    Iraq-Innocents and insurgents look the same

3) Viet Nam-The Cong outfitted kids and women for combat
    Iraq-The enemy is using kids and women as human shields and outfitting kids and women for combat.

Dare I say, our troops should NOT have to take chances. Shoot and then ask questions.

Bob V.

Thread Information