Thread: Matrix Revolutions- a review

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Thumbs down Matrix Revolutions- a review

In the words of Comic Book Guy (from the Simpsons)- Worst sequel ever!

Understand that this assessment is coming from someone who feels the original Matrix was the best use of film in the history of cinematography (sp?)!

They should have called it Matrix Revulsions! For Pete's sake (I say that literally)! Yes, its really cool that you've learned how to do all sorts of nifty new special effects- but it screws up the fight scenes by making them non-conforming to the original movie!

Also, did Carrie Ann and Lawrence just forget how to act- or was the script really that awful!?! The acting was contrived, cliche, and overdone. Only Agent Smith and the new "Oracle" get more than a passing grade.

Then there is the plot. Okay, I've been all into the sci-fi-meets-religious-meets-kung-fu thing, but this plot made absolutely no sense! What happened to the evil architect? Other than some pot shots at him, we don't really develop him any further. What the heck is the ending supposed to mean, anyway?

I'm not disappointed, I'm fuming! It would have been better to stop at the original than foisting this tripe! I mean, they've tainted the original with this ending! I hope a Sentinel attaches itself to the Humvee of the producer. Arrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! Next hunting season, I'm going to use the DVD to sight in my scope- repeatedly!

PS- In case you couldn't tell, I actually didn't make it to the theater to see the final installment and just recently purchased it for home "enjoyment."

PPS- In case you also couldn't tell, I so emphatically give this piece of trash a "thumbs down" that I sprained both thumbs on the pavement while doing so.

When I purchase the final LOTR movie- it had BETTER be better than this travesty. On a lighter note, O Brother, Where Art Thou? was a clever, well-acted, joy to experience. My respect for George Clooney is soaring.

Ah, that feels slightly better...

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    OK Pete, try not to hold back!!! Ditto on Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2. KB2 was much better than KB1, but still stunk. (I have to go to these things if I have any hope of seeing any chick flicks, I am beginning to think it's not worth it!)

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Pete,

Have no fear, LOTR ROTK is WORLDS better than Revolutions.

I am a really big LOTR fan and I did find the ending to be a bit drawn out, but other than that it was worthy.

Lori

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    You really should read the last book to find out what happens to the characters. Ultimately, it turns out rather sad.
    J. R. Smith

Occupation
    My biggest complaint from the original movie is Keaunu (sp?) started wearing the long coat in 2 and 3. Not so fun to see him walk away.:cheers:

Okay, I'll put away my dirty old lady, I agree. Unfortunately, we PAID the theater price!

Occupation
    I have read the books several times. I think the end does not make as much sense to people who haven't read the books, hence the drawn out comment. If some of the ending were saved for the extended edition DVD (which I can hardly wait for!!), it would have been better for the average moviegoer.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    If you are referring to the LOTR books, I started reading the first one before the movie came out (figuring if I didn't read it before the movie, I'd never read it). Ended up reading all three before going to see the first movie- excellent writing!

I thought the end of the story seemed rather sad, but having read a little about Tolkien, I think that was probably in keeping with the man.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

LOTR!!!!

There is tons of stuff that will be in the extended version. Including things that were cut to help explain the ending. In fact Christopher Lee was upset that all of his scenes in the third movie were cut for the sake of time. It comes out at the end of MAY!!!

Yes you can tell I am a big fan of the series, I must have read The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings trilogy about 8 times so far. I really think Peter Jackson did a fantastic job, and this is the best movie adaptation of a book or series I have ever seen.. and that includes Harry Potter! ( J.K.R.. where is the next book?!?!)

Cassandra

Occupation
    That's just the theatrical version. There is no set release date for the extended ed. yet. That will probably be in November. Rumor has it, there will have anywhere from 40-60 extra minutes of ROTK goodness!

I am counting down the days until November.....

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Maybe August

The other two movies had the theatrical dvd's released in August, with the extended versions coming out about 13weeks later in November. So if the same timing holds true, then it should be in the first week or two of August...

I keep forgetting that the regular version isn't even out yet.. I have a friend who has a copy. She knows someone who is working on the DVDs or something.. I just know I have watched it a couple of times over there while we have played games or whatnot..

Cassandra

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Sorry Pete - I was referring to the LOTR's in my earlier post. My fault for not being clearer since the thread originated on the 3rd Matrix movie.
    J. R. Smith

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Actually, I think the audience for Matrix and LOTR is probably pretty close to completely congruent (remember subsets in elementary school math?). On a circle graph, it would probably be about the same exact circle!

I can't even imagine the Matrix as a book!

Movies yet ...be reviewd

Hello since you're reviwing movies there are some good movies yet to bee seen like "Punisher" and "man on Fire" really great no Matrix bull $$$it:cheers:

Thread Information