Thread: Jean Lafont

Occupation
    Optometrist

Question Jean Lafont

Does anyone sell Lafont? I am considering it, and it seems really good: deep, different but not weird, good quality, good balance for men and women....

Question 1: Does it sell through?
    Question 2: What type of customer likes it?
    Question 3: How is the company to deal with?

Thanks!:)

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Our office loves Lafont. It is a very versatile lines, but is not for everyone.

Answer 1: Yes and no. It is a great alternative to 3 piece drills, and is a great complement to an inventory that is lacking in colorful plastic. I feel in order to sell it well you must be willing to buy min 48 pieces (not including suns or kids). Lafont has such a wide array of color in the acetate line that it would be advisable to only have a few styles but in 4-5 different colors ( the catalogs do not do the laminates justice). Lafont will not sell just sitting by itself, it must be presented to the patient. Many average patients don't seem to be drawn to it initially, but once they get comfortable with the "wild" frames, look out for the multiples. There are also many "bread and butter" mens frame that consistently sell-through as well, which makes it a well rounded collection.

If your practice sees a lot of children then also pick-up the Lafont kids line. I wish we saw more kids, so I could justify bringing in that line.

Answer 2: Everyone. As long as your willing to spend the time with the patient and are not afraid of pulling 5 Lafonts off the board to try when you patient is looking at rimless, you be pleasantly surprised. Don't be scared of it.

Answer 3: Our Lafont rep is one of our favorites, very easy to deal with as is the rest of the company. Never had a return problem, rarely have any warranty issues, some frames are on back-order but it is never an obscene amount of time before they come in.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

lafont blows out of here... Only issue is everyone has it, hence its not as special as it once was!

Occupation
    Optometrist

Smilie

Thank you for your kind response. I really like what I saw, and you've helped allay some of my concerns. Count me in. It should be expensive, though.

Thread Information