Thread: EyeMed Insurance

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry EyeMed Insurance

I had a problem with Eyemed today. A patient came in to our office last week and wanted to use his insurance on a Drill Mounted pair of glasses.I told him up front I will do almost everything in the store execept drill mounts and a few very high end lines($500.00) and up. He was fine with that so I gave him a 20% Disc to help him out.Today I get a call from Eyemed wanting to know why I wouldn't execpt his insurance. I gave them the same story that I'm telling you. This is where it get's interesting.

Eyemed told me at first that I had to take every plan that we singed up for.When I told them that we are more of a high end Optical Shop, they said "O". O what I asked ? Well at our LENSCRAFTERS we will not sell Cartier, Rayban, Chanell,Revo, Webb frames to mebers that have Eyemed. What I said but Lux ownes the frames. They had no anser for me.
    My next question for them was how do I go about Quitting Eyemed.

Eyemed was the first and the last vision insurance that we will ever take in our office. We have made it without any vision Insurace for twenty years, and we will still be around for a nother twenty years.

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Optiman

I think!

Chanel does not allow discounting of any kind for any insurance or anything else.

Cartier is not a LUX line but I think its the same as Chanel

Ray-Ban, Revo and Webb are sunglasses but again the same.

If you have a line line that does not allow discounting, and the patient wants it then, they must pay full price. If the company does allow discounting you must use the insurance.

You should check with all you venders to see what lines can not be used with insurance!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been with Eyemed for almost 4 years. I have had them question me twice about a patient's frame choice.
    When that questioned me about selling non Lux product, my answer was straight and to the point: It is not YOUR call what I determine a patients needs are.!
    And if they insist on a non discountable frame, ie. Maui Jims and such, well, that is their choice!

I haven't been bothered by Eyemed in over a year!

But just for the record, Eyemed pais better than 90% of the Cole Managed Care plans do!
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Guess what? 85% of the lines I carry are private label.
    Guess what? I don't allow any discounting on my label. (MY label, my rules:D ) Eyemed, they question me all the time, but they can't argue with a frames policy.

As far as the comparison between Eyemed and Cole...next year it won't matter. They'll be the same company !

Thread Information