Thread: And another countdown begins...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

And another countdown begins...

My baby boy got his first college acceptance letter today from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Yikes! That 'empty nest' is going to be a reality too soon. :(

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congrats Judy on his acceptance! On the nest part, don't fret, live a little!:cheers:
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Judy, Do what I did and just have another one! :D His big brother is 11 (only 7 years until he was out the door and look what we did!) think of it, you could have a college student and a 2 year old!
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Karen, sweetie, I'm 54 years old. A star would have to rise in the East first!

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hello Judy

I don't look forward to having an empty nest, but it is inevitable I'm afraid. It's new beginning for the children you've work so hard to raise and it's hard for them to leave as well, I'm sure.

Take care and my prayers and thoughts go with you.

Darris C.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Judy Canty said:
    Karen, sweetie, I'm 54 years old. A star would have to rise in the East first!
    Hey, it worked for Sarah and she was WAY older than that! ;) Seriously, I know you will miss him but what an opportunity. I made the mistake of leaving college my first year and have always been sorry. (Although I am not sure I would still be teaching had I graduated and become a teacher-which was my plan) I was a splendid example of what too much partying at college can do to the man who hold the checkbook- a.k.a my daddy!
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Not to alarm you or anything, but I've visited Indiana University (Penna)- major party school! They have a really great football team as well (Division II or IIIA or something like that- they go to the playoffs most years).

:cheers: Congrats to your son!!!

Didn't Abraham laugh when he was told Sarah would have a child? If an angel told me my 100+ year old wife was going to have a bun in the oven I think I'd have a heart attack (first though being- "By the time he graduates from high school, I'm going to be..."

:D

I will be 47 years old when my lovely little daughter (Sara) graduates from High School- given that I haven't been able to sleep in a single Saturday since she was born, I am counting the days!

;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hmmm...my parents graduated from IUP. No wonder they were so concerned when I chose Arizona State back in '68. It had a pretty high party rating back then too.:D

Karen, I have a 33 year old, a 23 year old and a 17 year old. Talk about a 'flat learning curve'. One would have thought I learned with the second one.:hammer:

Thread Information