Thread: Hoyalux

Christine

We have been selling Hoyalux wide progressive lenses and have been having much success with this lens. We are getting too many complaints about Varilux Panamic.
    People are having a hard time with this lens but not Varilux Comfort.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Christine

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Idea

We have no problems with Super No Line.
    Our premium progressive lens is Sola XL.
    My experience is As long as you fit it right They will see (if they want to)

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Originally posted by LENNY:
    have no problems with Super No Line.
    Our premium progressive lens is Sola XL.
    My experience is As long as you fit it right They will see (if they want to)

Holy smokes! Lenny, I wholeheartedly agree that fitting is critical but wouldn't you like to offer your patient technology that is a little more recent than 11 years ago? Don't get me wrong, I think the XL is a good lens but with the advances in lens design (variable insets, fully aspheric surfaces,designs that enable more binocular vision) doesn't it make sense to pass that technology along to the patient? I am not even talking about a particular manufacturer- All the big guys (including Sola ) have made some great advances in lens design. I know there is truth to that "if it ain't broken don't fix it" statement but if you can make it better-why wouldn't you? I am not trying to be witchy, I am just curious

[This message has been edited by karen (edited 03-04-2001).]

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

I've used most of the premium progressives. I have excellent results and am greatly impressed with the Hoya progressives. The Hoya Lux Wide is our general lens of choice and their 1.70 LX for those that need or want to go that extra step towards lighter, thinner more comfortable.

OptiBoard Apprentice

Redhot Jumper

I enjoy hearing about success with Hoya Wide progressives as I have a lot of accounts that are having great success with it. It's a premium progressive with a great AR to go with it.
    If you haven't tried any Hoya products or the Wide progressive you should give them a chance.

Christine

Lightbulb

Yes
    We are selling Hoya Wide progressives like mad. They are as good or better than the Varilux Panamic. People are adapting to them easier than the Panamic in our Optical shop. It is a good lens. We sell the Panamic on occasion but not like the Hoya Wide and no complaints.
    C.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Dear LO1007,

Perchance any professional association with QSA? (BTW, QSA lost their Vx distribution and are now a Hoya lab. Doesn't mean the Hoya wide isn't a good lens; just nice to know the source.) (If the answer is yes, pls. send my love to Jacque.)

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Jim G,

Yes and yes I will tell her hello!!

Thread Information