Ratings:
    Quality:
    Ease of use:
    Client acceptance (if applicable): n/a
    Customer service of the manufacturer or distributor:
    Value:
    Overall:

Review:
    Wow! What can I say. We've been enduring really cold conditions in Winnipeg to review a product like Clarity Fog Eliminator. All the testing I performed was in real conditions as that is how the product will be used by customers. The first thing that really intriguied me was the format; the product is a dry cloth. I was a little concerned about how to properly store the cloth because I was worried about the active ingredients dissipating. A quick email to Tammy ended my concerns. You can store it anywhere dry (glass case, original package, etc...). I was told that the cloth was effective for 6-8 applications depending on eyesize. This was true and I was even able to stretch it a little longer, granted with a small eyesize. On SRC poly and cr-39 there was no smudging when applying the product.The Fog Eliminator was totally effective on both lens types. I am quite meticulous about keeping my lenses clean through good practice and I don't have to clean them that often; and found that one application lasted me through an entire weekend of weather which dipped well into the -30's(celcius that is). It was even effective on my Oakleys. I made a custom lens out of cr39 for snow storms and after walking through a blizzard for 20 minutes, stepped into a warmhouse and there was no fogging. I was completely blown away. The Oakleys are such a tight wrap and they always fog, even in moderately cold weather. I tried it on a pair of Revos with backside AR and there was noticable smudging but that was what I suspected because I was aware that this might occur with some AR products. The anti-fogging benefits actually outweighed the smudging. I'll end this review right here because I have nothing but good things to say about Clarity Fog Eliminator. The only time I experienced a problem was yesterday when our temperature dipped down to -42.Getting on a bus after a 10 minute wait, it took about 15-20 seconds for the fog to dissapear; however I'm used to taking my glasses off completely and waiting several minutes before I can put them on again. Fantastic Product! Great Innovative format. Nice packaging and price point. I could probably sell it for twice as much without anyone raising an eyebrow

Would you purchase this product or other products from this company based on your experience with this product?
    YES

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Product: Clarity Fog Eliminator
    Vendor: Nanofilm
    Vendor Home Page: http://www.nanofilm.cc
    Category: Other
    Reviewer: Cindy Hamlin

Ratings:
    Quality:
    Ease of use:
    Client acceptance (if applicable): n/a
    Customer service of the manufacturer or distributor: n/a
    Value:
    Overall:

Review:
    I used this product on my sunglasses that always fog in the cold weather when I put them on in the morning. I found they didn’t fog any longer. The product was easy to apply and did as promised and eliminated the fog.

Would you purchase this product or other products from this company based on your experience with this product?
    Yes and I would heartily recommend it others! Fabulous!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    My apologies on the weird way my review was formatted.
    I don't usuallywritelikethat ;)

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I had cut-n-paste it straight from the product review file you sent us. It was problably a formatting problem with that file. I think I've fixed it up now. :)

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Steve...

Wonderful to see you posting again!!! I DO hope and pray that all is well with you and Marlena. You are in my thoughts daily.

Bob V.

Cindy and Ed

Does it work well on frames that are real cold! I leave my suns in the car all the time and have never used anything! This could be the ticket!

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Fletch, I live in Winnipeg. You'd be hard pressed to find a colder place to live. Your location is a little vague and I haven't tried what you're proposing but from my experience with the product I think it would work quite well. We actually hit minus 55 celcius here last week and the fog eliminator stood up.

Bad address email on file

Thank you.

I know that anti fog has become the dream that can't come true for most consumers, so I am so glad to see that those of you who tried the samples found the same thing we did. It really works! (OK, enough with the ad.)

Just FYI, the product is available at www.peepers.com.

One last tip...they are great for writing secret messages on the bathroom mirror. They get out of the shower and viola! a message from you.

Thanks to all for your participation. We should have a few more reviews coming in.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Tammy,

I am wondering how long the anti-fog effect of your Clarity Fog Eliminator lasts?

Hope you can provide any info on this..

How long does Fog Eliminator last?

Hi ArazP-
    How long Fog Eliminator lasts depends on the environment in which you are using it. When I use it for scuba diving or snorkeling, I have to reapply it every hour or two because it is such a wet environment. I have a pair of sunglasses that need reapplication every 2-3 weeks. It is directly related to how much contact with moisture the surface has.

Also FYI, the cloth can be reused for between 6 and 12 applications, depending on the surface. (You may get 6 uses on a large faceshield and 12 for a pair of sunglasses.)

Thanks for your question!
    Tammy

is it usable on ar coatings?

Hi Slaboff,
    Fog Eliminator is usable on all AR coatings, meaning that it is safe and will provide anti-fog properties. It is ideal on non-flourinated AR coatings, where it deposits the Fog Eliminator without any smearing. On flourinated AR coatings, you may get some smearing, which can be buffed out with a microfiber cloth.
    Thanks for asking,
    Tammy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Optician

Tammy,
    I used it on my Crizal Alize lenses, and it really smudged them. When I called Nanofilm they told me it was not good for AR lenses. Has it changed?:)
    Amy

Hi Amy,
    It can be a little confusing. Crizal is a flourinated AR coating, which is the kind that we do get some smearing on (see above posting for details). I apologize if our response was not clear. Thanks for trying the product. The smudges will come off easily with any eyeglass cleaner.
    Thanks,
    Tammy

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Sorry to revive this really old thread, but is this stuff okay on polycarb?
    -Steve

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    Sorry to revive this really old thread, but is this stuff okay on polycarb?
    The first review did use it on poly with no mention of porblems so I would assume it's OK.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Always just nervous with polycarb and the alcohol. We had some lens crack issues last year, but that was with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
    -Steve

Thread Information