Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crizal AR Question

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    I would agree that Super Hi-Vision is more scratch resistant than Crizal, but I prefer Crizal's lower residual color and higher cleanability. I wear both but I can tell when I hav SHV on by how dirty they get.
    The scratch resistance (sr) of Crizal Avance has recently been improved. It is twice as scratch resistant as the Alize. I believe that it is as sr as Super Hi-Vision now, if not more so.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    I would agree that Super Hi-Vision is more scratch resistant than Crizal, but I prefer Crizal's lower residual color and higher cleanability. I wear both but I can tell when I hav SHV on by how dirty they get.
    Sharpstick et al,

I hope all you AR fans are aware of the fact that AR treated lenses don't get any dirtier than clear lenses. They only SHOW it. This is a selling point that is often missed.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Actually, many of the best AR lenses now include hydro/oliophobic properties that do indeed make them far easier to clean and to keep clean - especially when compared to a non A/R lens. Some also employ different technologies to minimize static attraction of particulates etc. as well. I've never seen ANY base lens do that.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Sharpstick et al,

I hope all you AR fans are aware of the fact that AR treated lenses don't get any dirtier than clear lenses. They only SHOW it. This is a selling point that is often missed.
    I know this is commonly said, but I don't know if I completely believe it.

There is a real difference in how clean Crizal Avance lenses stay compared to any other AR I have worn. They also are extremely easy to clean, I just rinse with water. I have worn AR lenses since 1986 so I have had over 40 pairs of AR glasses.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Love Crizal. I have a pair in crizal Alize and another pair with Crizal Avance. I love the avance one more but they are both great. A bit costly. It is much easier to clean!. I have to take my Crizal lens coated glasses to the theater. It is a must!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When weighing in on costs vs product and of coarse the lab you are using, I have found I Coats stainless too be superior to that of Crizal and at a much more attractive price. DEL has a wonderful in-house AR, which I have been using for close to seven years; admittingly not as oliophobic as some of the higher end crizal products but at less than half the price. I haven't had a complaint from any of my patients. In my opinion, if your current lab is doing the work at an exceptable level and you have no desire to change, talk to their lab rep and have them bring in a sample of the AR's they offer for the entire staff to examine.

Thread Information