Thread: And so it begins- finally...

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

And so it begins- finally...

Ah, 30 minutes until the big game... My fridge is stocked with beverages, the pistachios are beside the chair, and the big screen TV is warmed up. Everything is set for kickoff!

I don't remember being this worked up for a game since the last time the Colts were in the AFC Championship game against the Steelers!

So, let's "Get it on!!!"

GO COLTS !!!

Pete

I feel bad for you! The game is not over yet! But it is an ugly one for the Colts!

Did I speak to soon.

21-14 under 3 to go

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Yep, pretty ugly... Unfortunately, there have been two Colt teams all season. The one that showed up most games (and thus far in the playoffs) is unbelievable- and unbeatable.

Then, there's that other team that occasionally shows up. I've watched them play four or five times this year- against Jacksonville, Denver (regular season), and today. Sometimes, even this second "shadow" team has been able to pull out a win (Tampa, Buffalo, and Houston at the end of the season).

If the game continues this way, it looks like the "shadow" team showed- and got beat. Throw in a mixture of the Patriots having a good game plan and a day where no breaks went the Colt's way, and it was a pretty sad affair.

If the Pats do go on to win, congrats to all you fans up there in the Great White North. I'll be happy to eat my crow in solitude, and at least the "we'll be there next year" season will be a few weeks shorter than usual this year.

Assuming the Colts don't win today, let's get Peyton resigned, draft some additional defense, and earn home field advantage next year (one freakin yard away this year)!!!

GO COLTS !!!

Now and forever!

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I hate to keep reminding you but......

you keep making the same error. When you tell folks how far away the goal line was, you also have to tell them how many attempts they had to make the yard, and how many attempts from inside the 10! Then you can say one freaking yard and people will know what you are talking about!:D :D

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Condolences to Pete

I read your post and I thought this is absolutely right. Before the end of the 1st quarter you could see the Colts were off their game and just knew that the Pats would win. Don't you hate when that happens!!! It could have been worse, you could have been sitting in that awful weather and seen your guys lose, rather than the comfort of your own home--those are the Colts fans I really feel for.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As much as I hate to say it, Pete, we've seen this before and not too long ago...and with the same coach! Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Coach Dungy, but his track record in the big games speaks for itself.

Speaking of coaches, has anyone heard if Andy Reid got fired from the Minot Eagles yet.

It doesn't matter anyway, give Coach Gibbs about two years and the Skins will be back in the hunt!
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    From your mouth to God's ears! All those season tickets that were up for grabs in the Post have disappeared...quickly and quietly, so as not to anger the 'Skins football gods..

Thread Information