Thread: thankyou.

Bad address email on file pankajoptics's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Wink thankyou.

I am thankfull to all the replies that I have recieved for my previous post.
    Also I am thankful to members who understands that this forum is meant to discuss regular queries, new techniques and other problems in relation to dispensing.
    TO ALL MEMBERS I THANK VERY MUCH FOR BEING KIND ENOUGH TO REPLY MY QUERRIES EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS STUPID TO SOME ONE.
    Well I will have a chance to reply my friend cris. to his comment on my question...
    Dear friend , it may be POSSIBLE THAT YOU MAY BE KNOWING EVERY DETAILS OF THE DISPENSING TECHNIQUES. BUT I AM SORRY THAT IT IS NOT THE CASE WITH ME.
    IT IS CORRECT THAT WE ARE RUNNING IN THE OPTICAL INDUSTRY FOR 30 YEARS. BUT IT WAS NOT AT ALL REGARDING LENSES.
    WE ARE MANUFACTURERS OF OPTICAL FRAMES. TILL NOW WE HADNT DEAL WITH LENSES ATALL.
    NOW WE ARE INTO DISPENSING BUSINESS.
    ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT IN INDIA 90% OF OPTICAL LENS DISPENSED ARE GLASS.AND IN RECENT YEARS THERE IS DEVELOPMENT IN PLASTIC LENS MARKET.
    AS FAR AS POLYCARBONATE LENSES ARE CONCERNED IT HAS JUST BEEN INTRODUCED IN INDIAN MARKET. SO MANY MORE LIKE ME OVER HERE IN INDIA ARE UNAWARE OF THE PROPERTIES OF PC LENSES. WHEN I FOUND THIS FORUM I TOOK THIS CHANCE TO ENHANCE MY KNOWLEDGE.
    ONCE AGAIN TO ALL OTHER MEMBERS

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Thank you too ....................

Aakash,

Thank for your kind explanation. I guess I shot the gun too early. You are new to the Optiboard where sometimes people start a discussion and play as if they did not know the answers.

At the end of many post's everybody realizes that they just tried to get everybody hanging on the fishing line.

I was wrong, not the first time and probably not the last either.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    NIce response....appropriate as well.
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

While we're on the subject of mistakes......

I made a reply in the queries thread that I am not proud of. I was guilty of over reaction and made a less than gracious response. I have since edited it out, but apologize for any offense it may have caused.Chris is not alone in making mistakes and in fact I probably have him beat in that regard!

I hope all friendships are still intact!

hj

Bad address email on file pankajoptics's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

no offence

all the people here, this is to say that I have no offence with any one of you. It was just that I thought i should justify myself.
    sorry if i hurted anyone

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Pakja:

Look at it this way you educated all of us smart.... as to what mineral lenses are. I didn't have a clue and I don't know anyone in the states that did.

We also didn't know that 90% of the lenses in India were glass.

I can remember reading in The Dispensing Optician (circa 1961) that 50% of the children's lenses were plastic when we in Mississippi almost never used them and they were special order taking two weeks to get.

Chip

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hey Chip!

Good Ol' AOLite!

:D
    hj

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I was taught(in canada) that mineral glass lenses were of a higher quality then regular glass lenses in terms of optical clarity. From my old SGH PK book when you look up the facts on Persol lenses it states specifically that the lenses are made of mineral glass. It makes for an interesting selling point.
    Perhaps someone will know better but I'm under the impression that it's different then borasilicate lenses.

Bad address email on file
    Hey, Chip, don't speak for all of us ;) I have a friend who's husband grew up in Pakistan, and on his yearly visits there he gets new glasses. They always have glass lenses. I'm sure he regretted that the time he dropped his glasses and a lens shattered. That's when he came to us and got plastic lenses.

Thread Information