No announcement yet.

Crizal Alize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't your lab Karen and after a few more calls I was able to get someone who knew what Alize was. Now I just need to get the pricing info.

Comment

Ray,

Ditto karen's comments... if the lab was an ELOA lab, please let me know. We're trying to increase the product-awareness of both our own and the Varilux distributor laboratories.

Thanks,
      Pete
      Pete Hanlin, ABOM
      Vice President Professional Services
      Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Comment

Just received a sample of the Alize in our lab this week and I was impressed. I found it difficult to get a fingerprint to stick to the lens. We priced it $10 higher than the Crizal product.

Cleaning is definately easier and I am interested to find out from the front line how patients respond.

Comment

igirl, I think that at "$10 more than Crizal", you will be losing money selling it, so you might want to reconsider???

Comment

I hadn't heard of this product previous to reading all of your statements But do to all the positive info I called our lab to make sure we can get Alize. To my surprise we can and they haven't processed one yet. We are gong to be the first ones :hammer: I think it sounds great!!! Let's see how it goes. :D

Comment

$13.30 gross, $10 net over our Crizal pricing. We'll still make money, but not as much as my boss would probably like. However, if we go any higher, I would think dispensers may have a hard time moving it.

Comment

Cd'A Eyes said:
                I hadn't heard of this product previous to reading all of your statements But do to all the positive info I called our lab to make sure we can get Alize. To my surprise we can and they haven't processed one yet. We are gong to be the first ones :hammer: I think it sounds great!!! Let's see how it goes. :D
                I have to confirm that our lab is processing it and if they are we will be giving Alize a go this week. Do to all of the positive responses here, I'll have to call our lab rep and see if there is any POP available yet. I should update our OLA Lens Center to demonstrate the features vs a standard AR.

Any of the lab folks know if POP is out yet?

Comment

My lab just told me......

POP will be available within days, if not tomorrow!
                  "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
                  Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
                  www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

igirl, $10 net over Crizal cost, and charging $10 over Crizal retail, is not "still making money on it". It is a state of the art premium, and the patient do not object to the extra cost, and it is true that most "objections" are with the "dispensers". the is an axiom in business, "you do not make money trading dollars". you pay $10 for anything, and sell it was $10, you just gave it away, you got nothing for it for you or your employer, and what if you give seniors a 10% discount, then you actually would "lose" a $1...right?

Comment

For those of you who do your own edging, there is an instructional guide entitled "Crizal Alize Edging and Mounting Guidelines" (ask your Varilux Brand Consultant for a copy). The following image is a snippet from this guide and gives a visual representation of the Pad Control System (blue coating that helps the Leap Pad stick to the lens).
                      Attached Files
                      Pete Hanlin, ABOM
                      Essilor of America

Comment

Texas Ranger, I'm a wholesale lab so without giving away my costs, we make money on our Crizal, and while we pay more for Alize, we also make money on it as well with prompt pays kept in mind. :)

Was just trying to give opticians and doc's an idea of where their pricing from the lab may end up at.

Comment

Have the normal AR comparison specs for abrasion resistance (Bayer) and reflectance been posted?
                          RT

Comment

Best coating ever. I have been using it since November. The water actually BOUNCES off the lens. It doesn't just bead. It is so easy to clean. I use it on all of our progressives (a few SV, but they do not stock it yet, so I use the Crizal since my stock crizal is a lot cheaper).

- Easiest to clean.
                            - Supper scratch resistant.
                            - Even clearer than Crizal.
                            - Easy to edge (just do not clean the lens until it is out of the machine).

Sola has their Dupont Teflon lens (which I haven't tried) and Nikon has their HCC ICE, which is also the same concept, but I like the Alize better. With the ICE you get stickers instead of the film, they take a little longer. It is ten dollars more, but sell it for ten dollars more. I have customers who said that they would never go AR again (and some of these are HCC or Crizal customers), and they just love this coating. I feel every dispensery has to use these new teflon coatings.

Comment

I feel every dispensery has to use these new teflon coatings.
                              Just one very minor point. The hydrophobicity of Crizal Alize (and for that matter, from what I can tell, SOLA Teflon) does not have anything to do with Teflon. There is no Teflon material in the top coat.

That said, the lenses do resist water (and oil) the way For-Life has described. In fact, I've been thinking this would be a great technology to apply to my car finish! Just think, you'd never have to wash and wax again- the rain just flies off the car, so no waterspots!
                              :D
                              Pete Hanlin, ABOM
                              Essilor of America

Comment

Is this the same stuff as RAIN X that they sell for car windshields?

Comment

Working...
                                X