Thread: Average Joe

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Average Joe

Okay, I just have to say I am hooked on this show. I thought her reaction to the guys that got off the bus was priceless! I was sickened last week by the arrival of the hunks.

I am pulling for one of the geeks to win, but won't say who. He does have a great smile and always shows his teeth.

Anyone else watch?
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile Just so you don't feel alone...Oh so alone

I'm afraid I don't watch the show you mentioned. Why? Because it's a girly show and I'm a rather macho guy. If my wife will agree I'm thinking of trying out as one of the "hunks." I don't think she'll go for it especially when I told her I would have to do nude hot tub scenes for the watching public. I think her words were "NO YOU WILL NOT!!!" but I could have misunderstood her :)

I did watch the last few episodes of Joe Millionaire (the first one) and thought, for what it was it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

I think TV has beaten the Reality TV programming dead horse to death. I'm into CSI (both) and local access(ASU Education Channel) Physics (although I don't think that qualifies me as a geek I could be mistaken)

Hey, Ted Nuget has a reality show called "Surviving Nuget." You need to catch that one, especially when they have a Vegan on. It gets pretty funny.

In the event you're not that familiar with Ted outside of Rock and Roll, he is the author of a cookbook called "Kill It & Grill It." He is also a big game hunter when he's not belting out Cat Scratch Fever and is all about living off the land (but not on plantlife alone) I saw one where they had a Vegan on and one of the contests was that they had to gut and clean a pig on the side of the road and load it on a truck (It was already dead) If they didn't participate they didn't eat :)

A fair warning about the show is that Ted is very blunt about everything and pulls no punches. You have been warned. :)

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving,

Darris C.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Jerry Springer

Does Jerry Springer qualify as a reality show? I confess I have a weakness for his program--don't often see it as I am usually working or traveling, but when I can I watch. It's rather like a car accident, you know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself. Now here's the killer: "Jerry Springer, the Opera" has just opened in the West End. Sold out, great reviews. I have to get to London to see this!!! (I know, further evidence of our civilization in decline. Oh well it was swell while it lasted...)

Bad address email on file optigoddess's Avatar
    Cindy -

I am hooked on this show, too! I think the premise is quite interesting ~ looks like next week will be a twist for sure!

Karen

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    My husband HATES that I have become hooked to this show! I think she will end up with the #2 cutie because I'm pretty sure Zach (that's his name, right? The "best looking" balding average Joe) messes up bigtime with the fat costume next week.:hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I love the fat costume twist, but adding the hotties makes me sick. I was surprised she asked the one if he was bisexual just because he was "too pretty". Looks kinda shallow on her part, don't you think??

I want Adam (I think that is his name) with the big smile to win. I think he is a genuinely nice person and he seems like a wonderfully happy person. I would give up looks for someone that makes me laugh! I love to laugh! :D
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Knew it!!! Zach blew it. However, I think he was really behaving how most men do when women aren't around. My new theory is that the "pretty" boys are actors and Melana loses if she picks him. However, it now looks like Adam is rich. Next week should be interesting!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    igirl said:
    Knew it!!! Zach blew it. However, I think he was really behaving how most men do when women aren't around. My new theory is that the "pretty" boys are actors and Melana loses if she picks him. However, it now looks like Adam is rich. Next week should be interesting!!

This is interesting so which way she goes she will look shallow. If she goes for the Average Joe, she will look like she is doing it because he is rich. If the hottie, because he is great looking. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out he was acting and she lost out if she picked him.

I like Adam, he is an easy going likeable, happy, everyman-except for the money!

Thought Zach was an arrogant pig from the first show.
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Did you see the promo for Average Joe 2?

I didnt see much of Average Joe 1, so I don't know how the girl Melaina (sp?) was thru most of it...but this second show series looks like it may get really gross.

Do they pay the girl extra to be bi_chy?
    "The Good Lord gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb". ~ Lonestar

Occupation
    I'm ticked off. I know they edit these to look any way they want, so maybe Jason isn't a mindless Barbie doll. Adam is so much more the "total" package. As my husband said, a shallow, good looking chick.

I saw the ad's for AJ 2 and agree that it looks a little more out there than this series.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wanted to reach through the TV and choke the life out of her! I kinda knew she wasn't going for Adam though. She never seemed to give Adam tonsilectomies ;) and she always started to cry when she said how wonderful Adam was.

She is messed up in the head to pick a student who lives at home (and a 26 year old student at that) over a man who made himself a millionaire at 27 and owns some businesses! He had everything a girl could want and more. I think that his phone will be ringing off the hook and his bar will be packed with women waiting for him! He deserves that!:D
    ~Cindy

Bad address email on file Mikol's Avatar
    I liked her ...........but boy was she willing to tongue wrestle just a little to much .......even for me. I really liked the show at the beginning but as the weeks went by I was not so sure I would have been willing to be with her...........and yes I am an average Joe. By the way my wife really liked Jason too!!!! Adam will be okay and I look forward to AJII

:cheers:
    mikol

Thread Information