Thread: Trace and Transmit system update

Bad address email on file Di822's Avatar
    I just want to let you know that I am very pleased with my new system. We have a designated phone line that puts us directly into our lab. The order is typed in about 2 minutes...the lenses traced in about 1 minute and the job is started on immediately. We are getting the jobs back within a couple of days........less problems with customer service and job errors. The lenses have fit perfecly. It is really nice for those patients who want to use their own frames. The computer gives us reports as to what module the job is in throughout the day and exactly when it is shipped. I don't know how it could be any better. If you want to know more, email me. mdwhal2@yahoo.com

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me. I would like to get a unit like that. How much does the system cost? Thanks.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Have not got the system yet, but I have a lab that will lease and underwrite half the cost.

Chip

Bad address email on file Di822's Avatar
    It seems that labs are offering different "deals" for this system. Mine is a lease for $175.00 a month....but that is credited back to my account if I send them at least 4K in jobs a month...no problem...so really it is free. It is really great for those patients who want to use their frames again. They just come back a couple of days later and we pop the lens in. So far, so good.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been using the trace and transmit system for a week now with no complaints. It's very simple to use for someone who knows optics. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is new to the optics field.

The guy who trained me on it (it only took a half day) said that he goes into many offices where the optician doesn't even know what an OC height is. He says he does more optical training on these visits than he does trace and transmit training.

How sad.

Thread Information