Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Review: Marchon Valued Partners Website

Review: Marchon Valued Partners Website

Product: Marchon Valued Partners, MVP, Website
    Vendor: Marchon Eyewear
    Vendor Home Page: http://www.marchon.com
    Category: Other (Web based ordering and account management)
    Reviewer Name: Joann M. Raytar, username: Jo

Ratings:
    Quality:
    Ease of use:
    Customer service of the manufacturer:
    Value:
    Overall:

Review:
    The Marchon MVP website provides accounts with a number of business tools; you can view open orders, review invoices, and access monthly statements and accrual. You can also check a listing of current promotions. There are pre-written business forms covering items from Rx forms to interview guides and patients own frame disclaimers. You can order frames on line 24/7 and can find out if frames are in-stock before you check out.

Note: You need to have a Marchon account to access the MVP website. If you have an account, just contact Marchon Customer Service to get your Logon ID and Password then go to Marchon's website and click on the MVP button to access the order section.

The only thing missing are online catalogues. I suppose that would be a tall task, but it would be nice to be able to access catalogues online and find out instantly of a frame model is available without having to fill out order information. It’s free so I can’t complain too much.

Would you purchase this product or other products from this company based on your experience with this product?
    I would consider using other Marchon utilities. The MVP website is useful and well done.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Do other frame manufacturers and lens distributers have a website where you can actualy enter your order and see the pricing and avialability?

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Lenny,

None of the other major frame companies we use have anything available online.

Our wholesale lab uses DVI software for placing patient and stock orders. It gives you availability but not prices. I also highly recommend using DVI if it is available to you. It appears to be a work in progress but we get regular upgrades.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jo is it conected to your POS program?
    Which lab do u use?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    LENNY said:
    Jo is it conected to your POS program?
    Which lab do u use?
    POS program? Lenny, we are still using paper files. I believe it does connect to POS programs. I know if you have a tracer, you can send the box measurements directly from your tracer. Since we are still pattern edging here, I couldn't tell you how well that works either. We use Precision Optical Company in East Hartford, CT.

I believe Marchon accounts can get 50% off POS software but I couldn't tell you anything about it. Maybe someone else on OptiBoard uses it or you could ask your Marchon rep.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Patterns!?
    What patterns!?:bbg:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Can't get into the site....

Jo,

When I click on MVP I see a log on format. Without a name or password you click on the "if you are having trouble click on this link" You are then brought to a form for company name account # contact name etc. I filled out all of the above. complete with the email address you regularly contact me with and I got a couple this AM so I know its good. Up comes the statement, "INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS". ( I did this a couple of times to make sure I had the proper address and account number entered correctly)

This happened a couple of days ago. I clicked on the "are you still having difficulty" and got a pop up message saying I would be contacted within 48 hours. I got this wonderful response yesterday,which I copy below.( it was sent to me at the email address they said was invalid)

"
    Valued Customer,

Thank you for your interest in our MVP Program please contact your Marchon
    sales representative for details on this exciting program.

Thank you!
    The MVP Partner Team

*Please do not reply to this message."

So I think that in order to look at what they are offering, you need to contact a sales rep.Customer Service ( who sent the above) has a funny way to run a railroad! How is one to evaluate this program if you have to jump through hoops to see it?

hj

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Re: Can't get into the site....

hcjilson said:
    "So I think that in order to look at what they are offering, you need to contact a sales rep.Customer Service ( who sent the above) has a funny way to run a railroad! How is one to evaluate this program if you have to jump through hoops to see it"

Jo said:
    Review:
    The Marchon MVP website provides accounts with a number of business tools...
    Note: You need to have a Marchon account to access the MVP website. If you have an account, just contact Marchon Customer Service to get your Logon ID and Password then go to Marchon's website and click on the MVP button to access the order section.
    The best way to go about accessing the website is by calling Marchon Customer Service first and getting your ID and Password. I took it as a good sign of added security; not a bad thing since you can access account information via the website.

The MVP website is free and there is no time wasted by having to download software because it is web based so it is worth the extra step of calling Marchon to get the Log On information.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wilco!

I have 2 before 9, I'll get it done in a couple of minutes. Thanks from....your humble and most o'bnt partner

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I totally embrace this type of technology. I wish more companies would start doing this. No more being put on hold to listen to a endless looped tape of sales pitches or lousy music. The best part would have to be convenience, the ability to use these sites 24/7.

Bad address email on file
    As far as other companies offering programs like the MVP, Charmant has some amazing programs.(FBI) First, they do have an online catalog system, backorders, account histories, payment options, they can even pay you to rent your boardspace. They have ABO accredited seminars, professional practice management protocols and are willing to supplement your income with incentives. That is far reaching over the MVP program. As a matter of fact, this will be discussed at the SECO conference in Atlanta this month, during a live feed into the convention hall.
    That brings me to the next subject, What other questions do you have about your partners, the frame vendors?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up

ctoale,

Does Charmant offer software or a web service? Can you post a link to the info?

OptiWizard
    xx
    Last edited by walt; 08-27-2004 at 07:04 PM.

OptiBoard Apprentice johnnyoptical's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Safilo has a Dynamite Website too!

Hey gang. It's been a while, but I am back! Safilo has a fantastik website that, while slightly more busy than Marchon's, does have an online catalog, shows prices, allows you to mark frequently ordered frames as you favorites and (this is nice one for me) order frame parts. Marchon's site is nice, but I still have to pick up the phone to order that random temple. The Safilo is also nice to use a reference when looking up something for patients. I have a computer at the front desk of the dispensary and I can pull up the frame, show the patient the screen and we can 'look around' which keeps my ordering to a minimum and seems more up to date than pulling out a catalog that seems out of date a month after you get it. If frame companies are going to add new product all throughout the year, they should give me a new catalog with every update. Or, they could just get a handy website and update it as needed.
    Check it out. The web is our friend. :bbg:
    In the imortal words of Socrates, 'I drank what?'. -Chris Knight (from the movie Real Genius)

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyoptical
    Hey gang. It's been a while, but I am back! Safilo has a fantastik website that, while slightly more busy than Marchon's, does have an online catalog, shows prices, allows you to mark frequently ordered frames as you favorites and (this is nice one for me) order frame parts. Marchon's site is nice, but I still have to pick up the phone to order that random temple. The Safilo is also nice to use a reference when looking up something for patients. I have a computer at the front desk of the dispensary and I can pull up the frame, show the patient the screen and we can 'look around' which keeps my ordering to a minimum and seems more up to date than pulling out a catalog that seems out of date a month after you get it. If frame companies are going to add new product all throughout the year, they should give me a new catalog with every update. Or, they could just get a handy website and update it as needed.
    Check it out. The web is our friend. :bbg:
    I like their site as well... I enjoy being able to look at it anytime, see what's "brand spank-in new and order from the site. Takes up less time that is spent with a rep. Also, sometimes the Reps don't have the "new" sample yet that is shown on the site. I like to keep up to date with all the new designs!! Thanks Safilo!!

Thread Information