Thread: Without Us

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Crier Without Us

What would happen to the World if All the Opticians go on indefinite strike ?
    People will not get spectacles anywhere on the earth. Persons crafting Rxs are not on strike, Persons Operating IOL, CLs, and Lasik etc, are not on strike, only Spect crafters have stopped working.
    Such imaginary "Opticians Black Out" would help us understand ourselves more.

Limiting the Definition of Optician for this situation :

A person responsible to show frames, help select lenses, get spectacle crafted, deliver spectacles,
    according to Rx required, arrange skills to do so and earn enough to sustain the skills, his family and enterprise.
    Try to imagine all weird possibilities those would affect the , Persons who are prescribing Rxs, Optician Himself, His Enterprise, His family, Pets, Customers, Friends, Foes,
    His Cemetary,,His Barber, His Lawyer,His Grocer, His ..everybody.. His town His county, His State, His Nation, His Planet, His Solar system , His Galaxy...time immortal..

:drop:

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    If this were to happen I would be in a position to help fill the void and at a pay rate that would far surpass what I ever thougt this field would offer!
    ( Not that I wish this were the case and what would I do first thing in the morning without all the optiboaders?)
    Last edited by jofelk; 10-08-2003 at 06:49 AM.
    Joseph Felker
    AllentownOptical.com

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sandeep,

If I went on strike, I would probably be scurrying to find another job because Joseph would take mine and someone has to pay the bills. My auto mechanic would miss that vacation that I've been paying for.

Joseph, how many jobs do you think you could put out if your staff went on strike? You would either have to recruit a bunch of family or find yourself a bunch of scabs. (If it ever happens, let me know where to send a resume.) ;)

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Joseph, how many jobs do you think you could put out if your staff went on strike? You would either have to recruit a bunch of family or find yourself a bunch of scabs. (If it ever happens, let me know where to send a resume.)
    The hair on the back of my neck stood up when I read this. We couldn't replace our staff!
    Joseph Felker
    AllentownOptical.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Does anybody still in the union?

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I once saw a similar statement from the seed growers association that stated the feeling that the world would not go on without them. Don't kid yourself. At best you might get re-hired with a raise. A little worse is you would lose your job and someone else would take it. Much worse is someone would completely automate your job (yes even the cheap labor in your country can be replaced with automation) and you would not be needed at all.

Be thankfull for what you have in life.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Or the eyeglass manufacturing will be performed in India only!
    Computers, glasses --the same thing:bbg:

Thread Information