Thread: Where can I get RX Visor ??

Bad address email on file APV Optical's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Where can I get RX Visor ??

I have an account that has a patient who needs an visor for his football helmet, that can be rx'd anyone have any info on where I can order the visor. I will put the lenses in

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

No chancey

I remeber seeing a similar post a year or so ago regarding hockey visors. Two words, vertex distance. The visor sits way to far away to be of any use in Rx. Other options to try, CL's in combonation with a tinted visor (i'm presuming they would like tint), Oakley has visors made for fooball helmets. Lasik is another alternative, or going with an rx goggle that fits close without interfering with the helmet.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Occupation
    I'm with jedi on this one, because of the amount of vertex it makes it almost un unusable and with the lens so far from the face it is hard to separate the lens and narrows the field of vision...just move your own glasses away about three inches and see how crazy it drives you trying to stay in the field of the lens.. you would be FAR better off going with a rec-spec ... if it came down to where push came to shove I mounted a dive mask insert once into a helmet for a local college player.. mounted it upto the helmet you can not drill into the face mount cage in anyway... they worked OK and he thought it was "cool" but in the end we tried a rec-spec and he liked that better.
    I guess if push come to shove you could always mount a dive insert to the inside of the shield..but the vertex and size of the lens would make it hard to stay focused in a wide field, especially in the middle of a football game where peripheral vision can mean a lot.
    I'll poke around though and see if I can find anything.. did you contact Riddel and see if they knew any connections?

Jeff "gee us labs get asked to do the impossible sometimes" Trail

PS..and than get the blame when it does NOT work :)

Bad address email on file APV Optical's Avatar
    Occupation
    Hehehe , No Kidding, Jeff

Anyway before I made this post I took into consideration vertex distance. The gentleman who was very proffesional said, We explained this to the patient which in returns said how ever much this will cost I want it done. So I am trying my hardest to help him out, Thanks Again guys. Have not checked them yet Jeff

Thread Information