Thread: Roadtrip!

Occupation
    Optometrist

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I went there just before AO closed up shop. It is an hour away from me now and when I went to school in Framingham the school organized a tour along with another one to Webster Lens Co.. They were near Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. Seriously!*

I'd suggest if you decide to visit book now for mid October and stay near Boston.

The Head of the Charles rowing regatta is the week of Indigenous Peoples/Columbus Day, so Boston area hotels are booked but foliage is usually peak.

Myself and others can recommend other places to visit. My first being the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum. (Anyone named Issabel or Isabella gets in free on their birthday!)

Others may want to chime in and perhaps meet for a day?

Last fall I visited Corning New York and was fascinated by their museum.

I mentioned to Steve a couple months ago about seeing if he was interested in organizing an OB trip to see Corning but he is busy and passed but a real event there a year or two from now would, I think, be successful, but I dare not try to organize that. At least on my own. Form an exploratory committee perhaps? I'd envision CE classes in the morning and sight-see in the afternoon. I think Corning Glass would be happy to accommodate us.

Anyone have any experience in this?

I know I'd return there for a 3 or 4 day visit in a heartbeat.

*https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...t-destination/

Thread Information