Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pal pt w/ 15Δ BO

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwill212 View Post
    Well, I supposed it would depend on what kind of blocker you have. Using my old ICE-1000 in passive mode, or using my new-ish EZfit I don't compensate anything to get the PDs to come out correctly. I can't speak for other blockers though. But that's not the point. The point is, the lab is going to send you what you ask for. How they do it, with their specific equipment is irrelevant. You need to order what you want for a finished product and check said product before dispensing.

There are unfortunately 2 different discussions happening in this thread. One about how to properly block a lens to get the desired results. Another about altering the PDs(or fitting heights) for PALs in order to maintain proper alignment with the corridor and near zone, when prescribed prism is present. If you have a PAL with 30/30 PD and 10 BO in each eye, you need to order with PDs of 27/27.

^^Yup.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwill212 View Post
    Well, I supposed it would depend on what kind of blocker you have. Using my old ICE-1000 in passive mode, or using my new-ish EZfit I don't compensate anything to get the PDs to come out correctly. I can't speak for other blockers though. But that's not the point. The point is, the lab is going to send you what you ask for. How they do it, with their specific equipment is irrelevant. You need to order what you want for a finished product and check said product before dispensing.

There are unfortunately 2 different discussions happening in this thread. One about how to properly block a lens to get the desired results. Another about altering the PDs(or fitting heights) for PALs in order to maintain proper alignment with the corridor and near zone, when prescribed prism is present. If you have a PAL with 30/30 PD and 10 BO in each eye, you need to order with PDs of 27/27.
    yes yes, there are two discussions happening. So yes, it would be MY responsibility to ask for a correct PD based on the rules laid out in Systems. It’s then the lab’s responsibility to make that PD wether using compensation or not to make it come out correctly.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    yup

Thread Information