Vacuum Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Recommendations?

I'm looking for a small, powerful vacuum to clean the inside of my edger. Must be able to fit tight spaces. What do you all use?
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

There are some good wood working videos that show a shop vac with a cyclone mounted vertically. Combined with a filter bag and heapa filter your air quality will be good. One thing I would do is port the exhaust out of the building. No one likes the sulfur smell of high index.

hope this helps

Chris

Comment

I use this to blow debris out of tight places and then use vacuum to collect.

Using a vacuum inside chamber might cause a static discharge that can damage electric components.
      Last edited by PRECISIONLAB; 01-07-2024, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRECISIONLAB View Post
        Using a vacuum inside chamber might cause a static discharge that can damage electric components.
        The Santinelli rep told us specifically to vacuum.

Comment

Just curious, don’t you run water with your Sant? I used the water only function along with a slim, flexible brush and modified plastic PD stick to get into the nooks and crannies Santinelli seems to never design out of any of their edgers. A dry edger I can see the need for a vacuum.

If a vacuum is called for, a small shop vac works great in a lot of circumstances. They suck dirt and water, powerful for size ( the small ones are particularly great) and you can get a reducing nozzle for them (usually comes with).

Comment

I'm not talking about the bucket. I'm talking about taking the cover off and cleaning the inside of the actual machine.

Comment

I wasn’t talking about the bucket either. Now, if you’re talking about lifting the hood to clean the electronics, then yea, a shop vac will do.

Comment

Working...
              X