Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Antiglare?

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLiv View Post
    No, because if they didn't buy them from you they're probably wearing crap. But you'll fix that!

It's pretty rare for my new customers to be coming from other comparable offices. There's the occasional transplant who needs a new provider and their old one was good, and their eyewear is good, but it's rare. Just about every new customer is transitioning from retail, either because of multiple poor experiences, or more typically they got a new job that offers VSP. And all their eyewear is crap. And it's not getting better, all the improvements are in the high end coatings. And I am SURE to point it out to them. "See all those ripples that are blurring your vision, and those spots wear the coating seem to be coming off? That's a poor quality finish on the lenses, which has deteriorated through no fault of yours. Mine won't do that."
    Ah, maybe that's the difference. We got a lot of clients from high end practices and a lot of international visitors who only wear the best. Haven't seen a coating that's ever blown my mind and I used to sell them. Our private label produces on par with every other company's best.
    Last edited by edKENdance; 02-09-2024 at 01:43 PM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Ooohhh...I like "lenses". I don't like "coatings"...

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLiv View Post
    Indeed, AR EVERYTHING, and all prices are inclusive of it.

I don't have AR coatings, my lenses are anti-reflective. The intense process we use permanently bonds all lens layers, and one will not get typical crazing, flaking, and delamination of coatings that do not use this process.
    Samesies.

Thread Information