Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cartier Diamond Cut Lenses tool! Any information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartier Diamond Cut Lenses tool! Any information?

Hello, I am looking to make custom Diamond cuts on lenses, similar to what is done with Cartier Lenses. But I am not sure what tool is right for the job. Any suggestions is helpful. Thank you.

I am trying to make the cuts similar to the image below, I am just not sure how it is done or what tool was used to make it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cartier diamond cut.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	879451

I'm not sure what tool does this but I'm sure someone does and will chime in.

Meanwhile this reminds me of a look of Avant Garde's drilled rimless and beveled lenses from the 80's and if others would bring up the potential to have enhanced reflections in certain light from this process before the sale.

I know I would.

Comment

Hand stone, files and a polishing wheel are the only tools you’d need. But a cr@p load of practice to perfect it.

Comment

You will need a gem faceting machine about $300. That will angle the periphery and by changing the wheel you can polish to any luster you want. The intricate cuts would be done with a separating disc and a dremel. You need some kind of fixture to control the spacing and angle of the cut. This is surely not a job for a beginner.

Comment

Working...
        X