Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one diopter BI prism, split into BE or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one diopter BI prism, split into BE or not?

Px has BE -5D. Giving one diopter BI prism to relieve exophoria. Shoud I split it into BE?
    I'm new here, thanks all

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but typically if OD and OS RX's are similar I will split the prism. In your case if Rx is -5.00 Sph OU, I would put 0.5 BI OU. This will balance weight and thickness.

Comment

One thing that helps, especially if you're communicating to another language group, is NOT TO USE ABBREVIATIONS! "BE" could mean anything, but we have to assume it means "both eyes"?

Comment

Originally posted by drk View Post
        One thing that helps, especially if you're communicating to another language group, is NOT TO USE ABBREVIATIONS! "BE" could mean anything, but we have to assume it means "both eyes"?
        Hong Kong was a British territory for a long time, OP could have same language group as us, doc, just using Britishisms. That said, ya, BE could be Both Eyes, or Base Even, or Bad Exophoria, or Big Excitement, or British Empire, or nearly anything else

Comment

Thanks all. Yes, we use BE for both eyes. To talk to client or
          sales or for written prescription, we usually use RE and LE, because they don't understand OD and OS

Comment

Welcome to OB Sam.

Always split if VAs and powers are similar.

Best regards,

Robert Martellaro
            Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

Working...
            X