OK you professionals out there. Give me some of your best suggestions.

I've got a paient that we've made eyewear for, for years. We've always fit her with a progressive addition lens, and she loved them. A few years back, she was diagnosed with dry MD and we have been attempting to assist her. She's a very intelligent woman, and loves to read. We've actually had to refer her to an low vision doctor, and he's doing well, but now I think there is more that we, as Opticians could do.

She's currently wearing SV lenses with telescopic lens for driving around town, and can still do that OK. Inside, she is having to wear SV distant lenses with glue on segs with a power of 8 Diopters for reading. Can't find 6 Diopters or less or we could use it over a PAL and there would be no problem. She really misses her intermediate power. Ideas need to abound here. I've considered a type of ribbin seg with the intermediate requirement in it and use the glue on below that, but it would look bad, I think. I'm still thinking large seg with intermediate power and add the glue on to that, but it makes the add power too strong, then. A press on seg over the glue on seg, looks really bad. We've tried that.

Suggestions, please.

Diane