View Poll Results: Matrix Reloaded was...

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than the first- I didn't think it was possible!

2 12.50%
  • Worthy of following this epic film- every bit as good!

3 18.75%
  • Still a great movie- but it would've been hard to match the original.

8 50.00%
  • They should've let well enough alone- how disappointing!

3 18.75%

Thread: OptiBoarders rate Matrix Reloaded

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

OptiBoarders rate Matrix Reloaded

After you've seen the new Matrix (and I'm sure EVERYONE is going to see the sequel to the greatest movie ever made), be sure to record your rating...

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Simply awesome! I decided on a whim to see if any tickets were available to tonight's Matrix Reloaded showings...

Without giving any of the plot away, I'll just say the final 40 minutes of the movie ensured this film will reside in my "Top Ten of All-Time" list right alongside of the original!

I could have done without the mosh pit scenes at the beginning of the movie, but during the second half the film got back to the real story and as with the first, gives one a bunch of intellectual roughage to chew on. There were also some great discourses between Neo and the Oracle, Morpheus, and this new Chancellor-type guy. And Agent Smith is still the coolest bad guy since Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive. I have this sneaking suspicion he even turns out to be helpful in the final movie (nothing in this movie gives you this impression, but its just a hunch).

I'll be awaiting the final installment when it hits theaters later this year! For the rest of you Copper-tops out there, get out and see this movie! I give it "two thumbs and a big toe" up (and its really hard to balance on one foot to do that, so that's really saying something)! To quote comic book guy from the Simpsons, "Best sequel ever!"

FREE YOUR MIND!!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up

Pete my son just saw it. Said it was better than the first. He said the special effects were RAD.:bbg:

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Arrow

Just viewed first 10 mins of the film and while the SFX were good i could not get into it...Mind you aint seen the first one yet.
    Thought X-Men 2 was much better viewing....

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    The special effects were awesome, especially the trucks colliding on the freeway. The only problem is, some of the action scenes just went on too long (or maybe it's just my ADHD kicking in).
    The whole mosh pit/multicultural orgy scene was artistically done, but didn't make much sense. And it seemed like there were too many people in Zion. I kinda expected a smaller, less organized resistance group. But I digress...
    The whole religious symbolism deal was interesting, but a little too deep for a non-philosophy major like myself. Maybe there were just too many preachy-speeches by Morpheus.
    All in all, it was worth the $$$ we paid to see it, but like most movies these days just didn't live up to the over-hyping that preceded it. I am glad, however, that the previews and reviews I saw beforehand didn't give away the whole "Architect" encounter.

Blake

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Yes, the mosh pit sequence needed to go...

The speech by Morpheus was completely out of character and still has me stymied...

If you didn't see Matrix, then Matrix Reloaded won't make a bit of sense...

My favorite exchange was with the coucil member guy down in the power plant (where have I seen this actor before? all I remember was he was a bad guy in the last movie I saw him in)...

The action scenes were overdone a tad (if that is really possible)...

The last portion of the movie vaulted it right back up into one of the best however, and when it comes right down to it- Trinity still looks great in that poured on vinyl outfit!!! (My favorite line was "Why don't you try some of this instead" when the white clad woman wants to smooch Neo)...

Whoops, didn't mean to give too much away. If you are reading this, forget what you've read and GO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I was a bit dissapointed in the beginning until the action started kicking (literally) in. I view this as the setup man. The starter threw an awseome game and here come the closer! I think this really tried to bring the conflict into context but it was a bit slow. What we all loved about Matrix was the kick a$$ moves and the Matrix itself. The deep religious aura was out of place I thought. I liked it better when it was buried just under the surface. The "Architect" scene was very enlightening and I Pete is right. Look for Smith to help in #3 and set himself free.
    Lee Prewitt, ABOM
    Independent Sales Representative
    AIT Industries
    224 W. James St.
    Bensenville, IL 60106
    Cell : (425) 241-1689
    Phone: (800) 729-1959, Ext 137
    Direct: (630) 274-6136
    Fax: (630) 595-1006
    www.aitindustries.com
    leep@aitindustries.com

More Than A Patternless Edger Company

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    I haven't seen the movie yet, I hate crowds, but I have played the game (PS2) and it is like a scene from the movie. The game also develops more of the story too. I think it's out for all the big systems + PC, give it a go.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Occupation
    Like Pete, I guess I am a bit of a sci-fi freak, NO I do not speak "klingon" nor do I carry around a tri-corder :) .. but am a fan of both sci-fi books as well as movies.. needless to say I have every pay per view and movie channel (HBO,showtime,skinimax,TMC.starz and pay per view) so I sort of stopped doing the "movie thing"..BUT i decided to go see Matrix II ...now I remember WHY I stopped going to movies..
    Lets see heard 15 cell phones go off, one guy two seats away went into a conversation on his about his buddy "roy" hurling in the car after going bar hopping the previous night (yuck).. is it me or are people just down right RUDE, and I might add STUPID since who ever he was talking to they were laughing away about this little spewing adventure..you toss cookies in my car I'm not laughing, I'm running over your dead beat A$$!!!
    Two couples had babies both crying away, I will say that one couple was bright enough to actually get up and say sorry and leave the theater..hey I got a 1 1/2 year old girl but I'm not dragging her into a movie theater where that loud movie is going on..the other "couple" if you want to call them that, only thing missing was the house shoes and curlers (if you get my drift) actually had the NERVE to ask the guy who came in and asked them to leave if he would go heat up the bottle for the kid!! "I don't want to miss this part it's pretty radical"..One, if a movie is more important than your child eating you should have it taken away. Two, someone who is that inmature should not have had a baby to BEGIN with..Three you trust some high school part timer with your CHILDS bottle? I'm still for all people having implants to make conception an impossibilty untill you have a stable job (food stamps and welfare is NOT a job), second you have an IQ higher than the amount of fingers and toes you have. (oh this is a subject for another posting I guess)
    BTW I thought the movie was still good, to bad some of the people in the theater couldn't have been zapped!! ....
    I still think if someone opened a theater where once the movie started and you decided to have a conversation with your friend about todays homework or the new "hot kid" or spewing :) than you get tossed OUT, your cell phone rings ONE time (they have "vibrate mode) you get tossed OUT..you kick the back of MY chair one more time you get PUNCHED OUT :)

Jeff "I feel much better now" Trail

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Not as good as the first but......

a perfect set up for the 3rd movie, which by all accounts will be a blockbuster! I wasn't disappointed in reloaded but I didn't come out of it saying WOW like I did when I saw the original.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    I went about 2 weeks ago!

I agree with harry!

It was nothing new!

The best part was I waited for it to come out in an IMAX theatre!

That was cool! HUGE

If you like the movie try to see it in IMAX!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information