FIRST GROUP OF WINNERS NAMED IN TRANSITIONS OPTICAL PRESENT & EARN EVERY DAY PROGRAM
Transitions Optical Platinum Elite STAR Laboratories Maintain Program Momentum and Seize Opportunities for Relationship-Building with Eyecare Professionals
PINELLAS PARK, Fla., April 21, 2003 – Enrollment continues to grow for Transitions Optical, Inc.’s Present & Earn Every Day Program as the first round of winners for the national promotion are named and receive their prizes. Nearly 200 eyecare professionals, patients and Transitions Optical Platinum Elite STAR Laboratory representatives were winners of biweekly drawings held in March for American Express “Your Choice” $25 and $50 Cash Cards and photochromic T-shirts.

“Momentum continues to build as word is spreading about the program,” said Samantha Platt, channel marketing manager, North America, Transitions. “In the month of March, we more than doubled the enrollment for the entire first month of the promotion.”

The new promotion rewards eyecare professionals for discussing the need for UV protection for the eyes with patients and why Transitions® Lenses are the best choice in everyday lenses.
Each time an eyecare professional presents Transitions Lenses to a patient, he or she – along with the patient and Transitions Platinum Elite STAR Lab representative – are eligible to win. All three are entered together into biweekly drawings for prizes. Grand prize drawings will be held four times a year. Winners of the grand prize drawings will each receive a $1,000 cash card. If the patient purchased Transitions Lenses, the prize amount doubles to $2,000.

Eyecare professionals are eligible to join the Transitions Present & Earn Every Day Program by participating in training with a Transitions Solutions Team representative or a Transitions Platinum Elite STAR Lab.

Transitions Platinum Elite STAR Laboratories Lead Charge

“Our Platinum Elite STAR Laboratory partners are really helping drive the program,” said Platt. “Nearly 75 percent of the training sessions have been conducted by laboratory representatives. These front-line trainers are reporting that eyecare professionals are truly excited about educating patients on the eye health benefits of their lenses and are enjoying the fun of participating in a national promotion at the same time.”

The training includes an introduction to the program, as well as a presentation of Transitions Optical’s first new education module for 2003, “Light, Sight and Transitions Lenses,” which has a clinical focus on the need to protect eyes from UV light. Upon completion of the training, the practice is sent a Present & Earn Every Day kit.

21st Century Optics, Transitions Optical’s 2002 Lab of the Year, has made a commitment to have all its sales representatives introduce the Transitions Present & Earn Every Day Program to their customers. Dorothy Campbell, district sales manager for the laboratory, has already trained eyecare professionals at 20 practices, and her customers have won more than $250 in cash cards and several photochromic T-shirts.

“My customers really appreciate that I take the time to introduce them to a program that has a direct benefit for them AND their patients, both by encouraging discussion of eye health and Transitions Lenses as an everyday option and by providing an opportunity to win up to $2,000,” said Campbell. “I enjoy having two opportunities to reinforce excitement over the program – once when I provide training, and again when I congratulate the winners!”

For more information about the Transitions Present & Earn Every Day Program, contact your Transitions Solutions Team representative, Transitions Platinum Elite STAR Lab representative or Transitions Optical Customer Service. For an official list of the winners, submit a written request to Transitions Optical Present & Earn Every Day Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 8600, Westport, CT 06888.