California Opticians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Opticians

Hello there! I am curious to know if there are any opticians on here that are in California that are part of a state board for opticians. I was wondering if it is worth the dues to join and what exactly do you get from joining? Thank you in advance :)
    Pez:D

:( Am I the only one from California on here?

Comment

No haha, I'm ABOC in Cali but I am not RDO nor SLD.

I can be, however usually these are only required when you have a optical dispensing office/store with no OD ownership whatsoever.

I'm not sure what the benefits are besides that. The process to get these is all paperwork & fees w/ the state, it's also a long processing wait as well.
      Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Comment

Originally posted by King of the Lab View Post
        I can be, however usually these are only required when you have a optical dispensing office/store with no OD kk(k
        I'm not sure what the benefits are besides that. The process to get these is all paperwork & fees w/ the state, it's also a long processing wait as well.
        Get every certification you can get and get the owner worried you might leave and then invest. That is if you believe in the business and are respected there.

Comment

I am ABOC and RSLD not RDO..... yet. I am sure someday there will com a time that I'll need to be. For now, it seems that Independent California opticals are disappearing and we are being invaded and over run by big box crud. I love being part of a small optical, three locations and in business for almost 40 years.

Comment

what state boards are you referring to?

Comment

............................interesting comment

Originally posted by pezfaerie View Post

I am ABOC and RSLD not RDO..... yet. I am sure someday there will com a time that I'll need to be. For now, it seems that Independent California opticals are disappearing and we are being invaded and overrun by big box crud. I love being part of a small optical, three locations and in business for almost 40 years.

............................interesting comment. Is that a fact and happening in other States ?

The big box crowd might be all hoping to sell out to an even bigger one someday.

Comment

Originally posted by CME4SPECS View Post
                what state boards are you referring to?
                RDO = Registered Dispensing Optician

SLD = State Licensed Dispenser
                Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Comment

In the state of California we are regulated by the Optometry Board, which is not something you "join"

Comment

Working...
                  X