The Saturday Night Edger Round Up thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saturday Night Edger Round Up thread

I know there are 6 million edger threads on this board. But its saturday night, I just got done and all the glasses look like jewelry. As is my custom.

What are you guys working with? God bless the spartan finishing labs that lenscrafters shut down and let us all drool over our friends on here with their me1200s and MEI edgers (japan makes great edgers).

I have a feeling a next generation is about to start. Craftsmen and Craftswomen stand up! What are you cutting with and what is that edger you wished you had?

I am about to get my tracer back for my LE9000, the lab looks like jenga right now.

#thinlyveiledBarrySantiniWhatareyouusingthread
    Last edited by Tallboy; 03-08-2018, 01:35 PM.

I use a National Optronics 7ex.

Wishes he had, MEI Bisphera XDD.

Comment

Our lineup
      2 7EXs, 1 MEI EZFit NBL, 1 QMX3, 1 Weco E.6 and 1 Huvitz 7000 (soon to be replaced with another EZFIt or something in the Santinelli line) Plus a Huvitz 8000 system as a paperweight......
      I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

I clearly use Santinelli ME1200 and a Lex1200. Both are wonderful edgers, and we utilize both extensively.
        They complement each other. The Lex 1200 Variable bevel mode is superior to the ME1200’s High curve mode.
        But step bevel on the ME1200 is far beyond the Lex1200.

in day to day use, the groove capabilities of the Lex1200 are far more advanced than the ME1200. For day to day jobs, we literally edge Rt lenses in the ME while we put the LEft lens in the Lex. Sizing and bevel placement are accurate between the machines to 0.1mm. And they are size/bevel placement stable. Very stable.

Of course, I favor the ME for Chemestrie clips, but use the Lex for all glass jobs...which are amazing!

Even prep jobs are a breeze. But close preps work better on the Lex than the ME.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Comment

Thats great to hear that the Lex1200 is so robust, I actually don't know much about that edger.

Comment

Santinelli ME1200 <3 <3
            Pez:D

Comment

Mr. Blue

Comment

Santinelli LE9000 (Legend)
                Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Comment

Originally posted by King of the Lab View Post
                  Santinelli LE9000 (Legend)
                  I have a very emotional connection to my LE9000 also. Even when I do upgrade one day, I'll never probably want to get rid of it.

LE9000 goes hard in the paint.

Comment

aaaaaaand - My tracer is still wonky after getting it "fixed". So I'm getting a LEX-1200. I won't be able to sleep until it gets here.

Comment

Working...
                    X