Thread: Eyemed additional purchase discounts

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Eyemed additional purchase discounts

Up until this year, it seemed pretty standard that the plans I was seeing offered the patient 30% off an additional purchase of frame and lens on the same day as the exam/first purchase. Since January I have seen several plans that say 40% off on frame and lens package for additional purchase and the wording does not say same day purchase. Of course it's a hit either way, but at least when it was limited to same day purchase I could use a lab pair 50 discount.
    I went to the insight website and sure enough, it's unlimited between benefit periods. It also says that this contracted discount is NOT valid in states where it is illegal. How do I find out (without access to our provider contract unfortunately) if we are obligated to do this?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by opty4062 View Post
    Up until this year, it seemed pretty standard that the plans I was seeing offered the patient 30% off an additional purchase of frame and lens on the same day as the exam/first purchase. Since January I have seen several plans that say 40% off on frame and lens package for additional purchase and the wording does not say same day purchase. Of course it's a hit either way, but at least when it was limited to same day purchase I could use a lab pair 50 discount.
    I went to the insight website and sure enough, it's unlimited between benefit periods. It also says that this contracted discount is NOT valid in states where it is illegal. How do I find out (without access to our provider contract unfortunately) if we are obligated to do this?
    Amazing how corporate America controls the little players out there. Doesn't seem like fair democracy and a level playing field to me.

Thread Information