Thread: Anyone else get an email from someone claiming to be from Eyemed contracting?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Anyone else get an email from someone claiming to be from Eyemed contracting?

So, I received an email this morning that I'm pretty sure it's a scam the subject of the email was EyeMed Contract Response From contracting@eyemedonline.com. With the body of
    ---
    Congratulations! You’re almost done with the contracting process.

The next step is an easy one. Review our online contract. After you do that, we’ll send you details for next steps on how to complete credentialing.

Your Next Step:
    Click this link [CONTRACT DOCUMENTS] to access your EyeMed contract, fee schedules and other contract-related information through our secure contracting website. For validation purposes you will be prompted to enter the tax ID number you have requested to contract with EyeMed. You will then electronically sign and submit the contract. You’ll find additional instructions on the contracting site after you click the link above.

Note:
    Only your business owner(s) and those authorized to enter into a binding contract with EyeMed should click the above link and view the contract documents.
    ---
    Now we are a contracting provider with Eyemed, but I'm also pretty sure that Eyemed does not use the domain eyemedonline.com. I've forwarded this email to Eyemed asking if this email is real but I'm pretty sure this is a phishing attempt.

I will post an update once I get a response from Eyemed, but I wanted to get a warning out of a possible phishing scam.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Wondering how this case was resolved. I received an email very similar to this one this evening.

Thread Information