Thread: Need Zeiss PAL Information

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Need Zeiss PAL Information

Hello All,

I am new to OptiBoard but have almost 20years of experience, however have been out of the field for almost 5 years. I have primarily utilized Essilor products throughout my career, but now want to learn more about Zeiss products. I have been google searching and utilizing Zeiss' website, but nothing is providing direct information. Can anyone help point me in the right direction or give me information? I want a quick breakdown of the PAL that Zeiss offers and the benefits of each.

Also is there different Zeiss AR coatings and what are the differences?

Thanks in advance

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontran8 View Post
    Hello All,

I am new to OptiBoard but have almost 20years of experience, however have been out of the field for almost 5 years. I have primarily utilized Essilor products throughout my career, but now want to learn more about Zeiss products. I have been google searching and utilizing Zeiss' website, but nothing is providing direct information. Can anyone help point me in the right direction or give me information? I want a quick breakdown of the PAL that Zeiss offers and the benefits of each.

Also is there different Zeiss AR coatings and what are the differences?

Thanks in advance
    I work for Zeiss and would be happy to talk with you about our products.
    Please contact me at brent.mccardle@zeiss.com

We have five general purpose progressives, some with fixed corridor and some with variable. Most of our lenses are compensated for PoW, but we have some that are not.
    Most of our lenses are a harder design, but we have one soft design product.
    We have task specific designs, DriveSafe(for driving, SV and progressive version), Office Lens(distances from 14, 7, and 3 feet), we have an anti-fatigue lens which comes in adds of 0.50-1.25. We. have SV, anti-fatigue, and progressive lenses designed for contact lens wearers.

Our general purpose progressives are:
    Individual 2, variable, PoW
    Precision Superb, variable, PoW
    Precision Plus, variable, default PoW
    Precision Pure, fixed, default PoW
    Choice, fixed, non compensated

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by lensgrinder View Post
    I work for Zeiss and would be happy to talk with you about our products.
    Please contact me at brent.mccardle@zeiss.com

We have five general purpose progressives, some with fixed corridor and some with variable. Most of our lenses are compensated for PoW, but we have some that are not.
    Most of our lenses are a harder design, but we have one soft design product.
    We have task specific designs, DriveSafe(for driving, SV and progressive version), Office Lens(distances from 14, 7, and 3 feet), we have an anti-fatigue lens which comes in adds of 0.50-1.25. We. have SV, anti-fatigue, and progressive lenses designed for contact lens wearers.

Our general purpose progressives are:
    Individual 2, variable, PoW
    Precision Superb, variable, PoW
    Precision Plus, variable, default PoW
    Precision Pure, fixed, default PoW
    Choice, fixed, non compensated
    The Individual 2 is the best lens I've ever worn. I like Zeiss lenses so much I've applied for jobs with them. To no avail, sadly.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Hi lensgrinder,

Which lens is the soft design?

THanks

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    Hi lensgrinder,

Which lens is the soft design?

THanks
    EnergizeMe PAL with 3 fixed fitting heights

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks Lensgrinder,

we dont have the energize range in Australia as yet. I can accept that the Energize Me PAL may be a soft design progressive. I just don’t understand what the Energize Me range does specifically for contact lens wearers versus everyone else. While I like Zeiss, that seems a rather dubious claim.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    Thanks Lensgrinder,

we dont have the energize range in Australia as yet. I can accept that the Energize Me PAL may be a soft design progressive. I just don’t understand what the Energize Me range does specifically for contact lens wearers versus everyone else. While I like Zeiss, that seems a rather dubious claim.

Although it is marketed as a back up lens for CL wearers it is a good overall lens design especially for the hyperope, as hyperopes tend to like smaller fields of view due to the magnification and slightly shorter corridors.
    Most people who use their glasses indoors(i.e. CL wearers) prefer a wider intermediate and near and do not mind a narrower distance because they will not be using them other than indoors.
    We have received great feedback from the non PAL versions because the progression is slightly different than our other anti fatigue lens.
    I understand your reluctance, but the designs are good for the right person.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The Energize me is perhaps my favorite everyday design to wear. Very comfortable viewing the monitor. My next fav is the Precision Plus. I like the ID2, too, but not as much as either of these two designs.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Yeah, we've mainly switched from Hoya to Zeiss, but I have to say the one place Zeiss falls behind is with the computer vision. And yes I have a couple of pairs of ID2 in the active/intermediate design, but the Hoya Lifestyle V+ definitely still give better computer vision. It'd be nice if the Energize Me solves this problems for people needing better intermediate facility.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    My experience with the Energize me puts it up there with with Lifestyle. Zeiss really needs to release this design w/o the Platinum Blue so that we independents can process them with or without AR. They would sell like crazy IMO.

Thread Information