Man, I've just been scouring the archives--and it was fruitful. Around the margins, lots of good citations were smattered around the endless debate of possible retinal damage. But it sure is hard to comb out!

So let's forget everything about AMD, retinal damage, phototoxicity, and/or the lack thereof. A zillion threads here for that one already and no doubt a zillion more to come.

My question for this evening is 445-480 nm or so....Come on Down!

The next contestant is a Px whose doc is concerned about their heavy computer use and its impact on sleep cycle. I gather there's some room for improvement.

Crizal Prevencia prides itself on high transmission of this range so (perhaps ironically) circadian rhythm isn't affected. For general use specs, I never worry about Prevencia significantly filtering out Turqouise from sunlight. Conversely, my computer user isn't getting much filtration of the 'artificial suns' at home in the evening in a Prevencia lens, either.

Other "Blockers" are more blocky. I've seen the graphs. I've gotta tell you, though, I just don't sell a lot of yellow lenses. This is the first time I've had the Plinko disk drop into the $10k column where I actually need to figure out numbers... By the end of all this, I'll know his computer monitor and it's output metrics, hours Px is working and distance to screen. No problem.

What I don't know is...

Quantitatively, how much of this blue range exposure centered around 460ish of maximum melatonin suppression is enough to be symptomatic?

Hey, maybe after I crunch the numbers, Prevencia and its 17ish% filter will take care of this guy after all...in a single pair of general use PALs. ["Oooooooh!"]
Or maybe something else more yellow will be needed in a dedicated desk pair. ["Aaahhhhhhh!"]
Or maybe his monitor has a switch that takes care of the whole thing, and I can keep him Sapphire like 95% of my patients. ["Hahahahahahaha!"]

When I know the magic number, I'll know who is closest to the right price without going over.

This is Bob Barker, reminding you to have your pets....