Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The lousy Luxottica service

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    As far as I can understand Luxottica is still on top world wide.

OptiBoard has some 750 active, posting members, working in the optical business, wherever they are geographically located, while Lux operates over 2000 optical stores in North America. So who could outvote the other.
    They aren't in the top of my world. Their product is crap and if they treat the rest of the world like they've treated me, they won't remain at the top.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    oh and wait........when you phone please press 5.... choose to take the customer svc survey!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You mean a huge monopoly is having customer service issues? You don't say.
    Pleased to be Lux and Essilor free in my dispensary. Saves me quite a bit of heart-ache.
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS View Post
    They aren't in the top of my world. Their product is crap and if they treat the rest of the world like they've treated me, they won't remain at the top.
    Meh, I don't know. There is a market for crap. People don't shop at Walmart for customer service, if you know what I mean. With Essilux owning the majority of the online retailers it's pretty clear they have a market for their crap.
    On top of that, you have ECP's clinging desperately to Ray Ban, Coach, Michael Kors, and Chanel, thinking, somehow, some way, they are "different" when the reality is, you are just getting screwed in a different way.
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Not to hijack this thread,,, but why not move toward Independents and protect your business for the future.
    We are 70 years old and counting!
    Providing great product and great customer service is what we do! Take a look
    www.owpusa.com
    Shameless Plug

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    every day someone comes in and guess what they want to see, or ask for???
    ray ban and chanel..thats why

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEINPEACE View Post
    every day someone comes in and guess what they want to see, or ask for???
    ray ban and chanel..thats why
    ...and then someone like me says "I'm sorry but we don't carry Lenscrafter's brands. Let me show you some nice Barton Perreiras or Etnia Barcelonas.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    The CS problem I've been having with Lux is their reps. I inherited a practice stocked with about six Lux lines, and exactly ONE Lux rep has contacted me to set up an appointment. I haven't seen my local Ray-Ban rep since we did an initial order at my previous job almost two years ago. I guess they figure as long as we're re-ordering online they don't need to court my business. Meanwhile, I'm slowly selling through Burberry, Tiffany, Prada, Versace, etc.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    Pretty sure those were Shuron who was in charge of making glasses for the ground forces. The backside of the mother of pearl brow was made flat so that soldiers could carve their names or initials.

http://www.shuron.com/macarthur.htm
    Is there any independent verification of this? I know Shuron has made huge contributions to the optical world, but I also know they're guilty of making some dubious claims as to their own importance in the past.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Their official website rankings show that they are on top of the world...............

Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS View Post

Their official website rankings show that they are on top of the world.

I f some of their products are actually what you are saying, it does not affect their success, or do you want to become another:

Don Quixote , The history of the valorous and wittie Knight-Errant Don-Quixote of the Mancha, fought the windmills, some time ago.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey Chris - just because everybody *knows* about Walmart, or sees their website and online ads everywhere (something you're intimately familiar with of course) hardly makes them the best. You're confusing and conflating virtual ubiquity with some semblance of real world quality.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by OWP View Post
    Not to hijack this thread,,, but why not move toward Independents and protect your business for the future.
    We are 70 years old and counting!
    Providing great product and great customer service is what we do! Take a look
    www.owpusa.com
    Shameless Plug

Beautiful high-quality lines. Plug away! Every independent should know about you. LOVE my Mexx frame (OWP runs a little large for me)!
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    The CS problem I've been having with Lux is their reps. I inherited a practice stocked with about six Lux lines, and exactly ONE Lux rep has contacted me to set up an appointment. I haven't seen my local Ray-Ban rep since we did an initial order at my previous job almost two years ago. I guess they figure as long as we're re-ordering online they don't need to court my business. Meanwhile, I'm slowly selling through Burberry, Tiffany, Prada, Versace, etc.

We've been doing the same for the past couple years. We have ONE rep in our area for 90% of Lux. Sure can't count on him to hit all of his accounts in a timely manner or to carry all his stock. We have about 10% of our stock as Lux product so that when someone walks in, we have a name they know- then we steer them towards independent lines.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post
    We've been doing the same for the past couple years. We have ONE rep in our area for 90% of Lux. Sure can't count on him to hit all of his accounts in a timely manner or to carry all his stock. We have about 10% of our stock as Lux product so that when someone walks in, we have a name they know- then we steer them towards independent lines.
    You have one rep for 90% of Luxottica's lines??? What the hell kind of a business model is that? Ridiculous.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You have one rep for 90% of Luxottica's lines??? What the hell kind of a business model is that? Ridiculous.
    Exactly what this thread is about.....LOUSEY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Occupation
    There were probably six reps at most that we worked with and Lux just kept firing and firing until they landed all their lines on one guy. Oakley and Ray Ban have their own reps in our area and they are good, but they are also always aware they could be let-go at any time. What a stressful job!

Thread Information