Thread: Younger FT-35 Composite Transitions

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Younger FT-35 Composite Transitions

Hi there! So, I was excited to be able to order this lens through the Opticom system the other day, but now that I want to run it through our Innovations lab software I'm finding that the barcode isn't in the system yet. I also can't find any mention of the lens on Younger's website. Anybody have insight into when this lens is being (or perhaps was and Innovations is just behind the times) launched? Many thanks!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Did you try to update Ino?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Yes, Sir. I was debating calling Ocuco to verify version 541 is the latest (to make sure I'm not unknowingly experiencing an error somewhere), and then maybe asking if there is another update planned soon. Usually, I see new lenses pop up on there before I hear anything out of the manufacturer. Anyway, I'll probably end up checking the attributes against their FT-28 and running it as one of those, but I know there are Younger folks around here so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. :)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wonder if those are the same lenses as essilor!?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    The product is listed on the Younger website http://www.youngeroptics.com/transit...transitions068 so I'd assume lens specs were sent in an update for the LMS. If you are good at navigating scan a FT28 composite in your lab data base and check if FT35 is listed in this group. Verify in the lens attributes to see if bar code matches. If it does than the lens needs to be added in the ALIAS section which may require a call to customer support if the alias file was updated as well.

I would not run the 35 with 28 specs as lens attributes don't match

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Are you not able to add new lenses manually? I add a handful of lenses every year using Visual Lab Pro.

If it wasn't a composite, I would recommend just doing all your measurements under a different FT 35...
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Precisionlab, thank you! I had tried to find the lens attributes on Younger's site the other day and could only find the FT28. I either missed it or it's been added since then. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :) Also, I started navigating to the lens manually when my coworker had submitted the barcode several times with no success, but I think we stopped halfway believing it futile. I hadn't considered the barcode may have been incorrect in the system. We'll check that. Thanks!

Quince, I've never had a need to add any lenses previously, so I'm not sure how to do that but I'd say it's surely possible. Knowing what the attributes are now, I would assume I could, at the very least, temporarily change the 28 info for this one job then put it all back afterwards. But I still have some time, so I'm not going to fiddle with anything just yet.

Thanks again everyone!

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    April has been a good month for new products at Younger. We released the Transitions Poly Composite FT35 and the Transitions Poly Composite 7x28.

Thread Information