Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a patient have a PD? (not a question)

Occupation
    Optometrist
    We've seen this from other internet companies.

Just build some sort of "value" and sell it to a bigger company, and cash out.

Look at that piece of garbage Jonathan Coon and 1-800...not ever profitable, but he got his. And we are left with a scourge on society, and I mean that. It's like herpes.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyeyes View Post
    On warby parker's website, they clearly state their customers should expect to pay $50 for a one-time eyeglass adjustment within 30 days of purchase and $50 for a PD measurement from an optical establishment. That is the easiest $100 you can make, you keep a potential customer happy, and that customer of WP may turn into a patient for you when the glasses are the wrong rx for the patient, or the -4.50 lenses splay the temples so much the frame falls off the patient!
    Fantasy.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    The sign of a well managed business. Show no profit, pay no taxes. However, you can bet that Mr. Warby and Mr. Parker are living high on the hog and that's the name of the game.
    If it's set up as a C-corp, which it likely is, then the corporation will pay its own taxes, so, yeah.

But any officers are paying taxes on their capital gains or income drawn.

I don't know if it's public or private (probably private) but there are rules to follow.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    Oh there is some comedy gold all up in here folks!

http://ask.metafilter.com/279734/Giv...llary-distance
    People are idiots.

The people that work in this industry, I mean.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    People are idiots.

The people that work in this industry, I mean.

The fact that the general public are allowed to believe this tripe and that the optical industry doesn't mount a pointed - and massive - re-education campaign, speaks volumes to our industry. I agree with you Doc.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just had a pt pick up his wife's contact lenses that I polished for free, 2 pair, and he asked me to check if the Rx was right on his Zenni Opt glasses. The Rx was within tolerance but they are progressives and sit at the top of his wide, high Roman bridge and were causing some peripheral distortion. I smiled and said the Rx was correct.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We dont give it out, "The person who sells and dispenses the glasses are responsible for that measurement..."

We also are trying to place our selves, where no other offices offer what we do here. We do a lot of eyezen lenses and we do all digital lenses.

If we do give out an RX we include this...

Legally, you have the right to your eyeglass prescription, and as a patient at Dunlap Vision (DV) you will always be provided with a copy upon request.

Listed below are the services/measurements essential to ordering a new pair of glasses to ensure clear and comfortable vision. These services/measurements are to be performed by the optician fitting your new glasses.

· Pupillary distance
    · Segment height
    · Vertical optical center
    · Custom measurements for Position of Wear (“POW”)
    · Eye size
    · Bridge size
    · Temple length
    · Frame model and color
    · Lens material and index
    · Multifocal design and brand
    · Optional lens features – such as tints, coatings, etc.
    · Eyeglass dispensing adjustment
    · Education and training on lens and frame features and care
    · Ongoing adjustments
    · Minor repairs

We provide the above services at no additional cost for patients who buy eyeglasses at DV, but we cannot provide them for glasses purchased elsewhere secondary to liability. While local opticians and optical shops generally do a good job of filling our prescriptions, we would like to caution you on the use of eyeglass vendors on the Internet. When purchasing spectacles via the internet these critical measurements and services are not met.

Here at DV we believe we offer the best value available when you consider service, quality, and cost. We understand if you decide to shop elsewhere for your glasses, but we hope this letter makes you aware of the risk. Please check with the vendor of your glasses to determine the return and refund policies in the event the product does not deliver.

Thank you for allowing us to participate in your eye health care. We hope you’ll continue to choose us as your primary eye care provider.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good lord slim thats good.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Slim, Hope you don't mind, but I may have to plagiarize most of this....

OptiBoard Professional Kujiradesu's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    We dont give it out, "The person who sells and dispenses the glasses are responsible for that measurement..."

We also are trying to place our selves, where no other offices offer what we do here. We do a lot of eyezen lenses and we do all digital lenses.

If we do give out an RX we include this...

Legally, you have the right to your eyeglass prescription, and as a patient at Dunlap Vision (DV) you will always be provided with a copy upon request.

Listed below are the services/measurements essential to ordering a new pair of glasses to ensure clear and comfortable vision. These services/measurements are to be performed by the optician fitting your new glasses.

· Pupillary distance
    · Segment height
    · Vertical optical center
    · Custom measurements for Position of Wear (“POW”)
    · Eye size
    · Bridge size
    · Temple length
    · Frame model and color
    · Lens material and index
    · Multifocal design and brand
    · Optional lens features – such as tints, coatings, etc.
    · Eyeglass dispensing adjustment
    · Education and training on lens and frame features and care
    · Ongoing adjustments
    · Minor repairs

We provide the above services at no additional cost for patients who buy eyeglasses at DV, but we cannot provide them for glasses purchased elsewhere secondary to liability. While local opticians and optical shops generally do a good job of filling our prescriptions, we would like to caution you on the use of eyeglass vendors on the Internet. When purchasing spectacles via the internet these critical measurements and services are not met.

Here at DV we believe we offer the best value available when you consider service, quality, and cost. We understand if you decide to shop elsewhere for your glasses, but we hope this letter makes you aware of the risk. Please check with the vendor of your glasses to determine the return and refund policies in the event the product does not deliver.

Thank you for allowing us to participate in your eye health care. We hope you’ll continue to choose us as your primary eye care provider.
    I really like this approach. Do you have any idea of your retention percentage since you've been doing this?
    Optical Cross: n. crucifixion apparatus used by the New Jersey State Board.

"It is not knowing, but the love of learning, that characterizes the scientific [person]." -Charles Sanders Peirce

"A concept is a brick. It can be used to build a courthouse of reason. Or it can be thrown through the window. -Gilles Deleuze

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes Slim, that is good.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I dont have specific numbers... but I will say when we start that conversation and mention some of that stuff as well as "you wont get exactly what the doc prescribed..." they listen and id say most end up getting something right then. We will never get them all but at least they are educated on why they will have issues.

Oh and steal away! lol.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I would sure listen to that. It's professional and educated with a dash of danger!

"Oh you want to go elsewhere?? Welllll sure, and good luck (you'll need it)! Muahahaha!"
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Thread Information